1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cats and Travel

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by ChevysMom, Jun 1, 2004.

1. ChevysMom

ChevysMom New Member

Every few months I drive my cat to my parents house as I go outa town. Its a 30 min drive.

This past week I drove Chevy there and he did his normal puking and crapping :cry: But this time he also panted and had large amounts of saliva hanging from his mouth. Same thing happened when I brought him home. I know he does not like to travel, but is that distance too short to ask a Vet to give me something to relax him??

It just breaks my heart that he yowls and gets sick.

2. nern

nern New Member

If he gets that sick I would definately ask the vet for something....30 minutes is long enogh I'm sure.

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

4. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I would try to find something to help out. It sounds very stressful on the cat.

By the way, it's common for cats to pant while on a car ride. (When I was a kid, my cats would do it on the way to the vet.) When cats get some distance from their home, they tend to pant. If I remember right, there are some extra smelling sensors on a cat's tongue. When they're panting, they're trying to gain as much information as they can.

I hope you can find something to help!

5. ChevysMom

ChevysMom New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll use them. I will also order some rescue remedy.

6. fleafly

fleafly New Member

It might be cheaper online, but I found rescue remedy at a local health food store. Drug stores might have it too.