1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cats on tables

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by nern, Oct 8, 2004.

?

Do you allow your cats to climb on your tables?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nern

nern New Member

At one time, back when I only had Tiddy and Bean, they were not allowed on the tables or counters but I started allowing them when I got Natalie (my dog) because she would try to play with them and herd them and I wanted them to be able to jump up to safety as needed. I recently realized that many of the pictures I take and post here are of my cats on the kitchen table. I think some people (my mother for one) think this is gross but I rarely eat at my kitchen or dining room table and very rarely have company over to eat. When I do eat at the table I wipe it down and the cats know to keep off when I have food and stuff up there so it has'nt really ever been a problem. I don't allow them on or around the kitchen sink, on the microwave, on the refrigerator, on the fish tank or on the entertainment center but other than that they are pretty much allowed to climb any where else.
    I'm just curious how many of you allow your cats to climb or sit on your tables.

2. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

my cats are allowed on the dining table too. we never use it so its theirs. when their food was on the ground kuma use to eat it and puke it up. they are not allowed on the kitchen bench though.

i was unsure which tables you meant so i put no in regards to the kitchen bench.

3. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I allow Booger on the kitchen table, but then we don't eat there. I don't care for her being up there but she just enjoys it so much and since we don't eat at the table, what's the harm? I mainly use the table when preparing food and always clean and disinfect it before hand. Booger has learned that when mommy is using the table, it's off limits (thanks to my spray bottle LOL).

4. vene

vene New Member

Baby grabs everything so the cat food and water bowls are left on the kitchen counter and table. Besides, it's easier to pet them when they are almost at eye level! The kitties will occassionally jump on the dinette table to see what we are eating, but will rarely beg for a treat nowadays. I think switching to the premium foods made them full in their bellies. They don't like cold cut treats anymore either. 8) Nern, I got a funny mental image of Natalie playing and herding your babies! LOL's :mrgreen:

5. Bente

Bente New Member

Kyrre is not allowed on the table, but since he recently found his favourite nap spot in the window, he is allowed to use the table as a "springboard".

I also let him up on the sink in the bathroom... He just loves to play and drink with the water :mrgreen:

6. Ginger

Ginger New Member

My cats are allowed in all tables except for the kitchen surfaces

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

the way I look at it is the cats are allowed on the furniture (sofa, chairs, beds, etc.) so since they are crawling all over those what's a few cat hairs on the table

8. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

emily would not go on the table when It was just a table but once we put a table cloth on it for thanksgiving she thought it was a nice place to take her afternoon nap well we eat at this table so she Is not allowed on it
    kathy

9. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Moe is not allowed on the dining room table or the kitchen counters. We have a table in the kitchen that is never used, so she's allowed on the that. She's usually pretty good about staying off the table, unless my husband's laptop case is on it (it's her favourite bed).

10. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Socks and Mittens are not allowed on the dining room or kitchen tables or counters in the kitchen. I do let them go on tables in the living room. Socks likes to sleep on the table next to where I am sitting on the couch.

Mittens sometimes forgets and tries to go on the dining room table but gets scolded. I've caught her a couple times of standing on the kitchen counter and looking into the sink and she gets scolded then, too. She doesn't do it often and has gotten better about it. :)

11. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

We have a small kitchen table that we never eat at. The cats dry food is up there because otherwise the dogs eat it. This also allows the cats to eat in peace without fear of the dogs coming around the corner.

12. Rene

Rene New Member

My kittys eat on the kitchen counter so the dogs dont get their food, i let them get on the table to get away from sebastain but guess what sebastain thinks he is a cat and gets on the table also
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

my kitties go eveywhere...i know its probably bad...but...they just seem to love counters....and tables. :roll:

so i just disinfect :shock: ....alot...and try to keep max off the counter. he likes to get into everything. mikey lays on the kitchen table, but i rarely use that for eating. the island is up for grabs...they jump up there to see whats going on....i will eat there...the water bottle is there...for max...ever lurking behind the plate or bowl...squished down so he thinks hes invisible...then...pops up quicker than you can say "cat" and tries to take a bite of my food. water helps a little...but he just turns his head and waits till im done squirting...

14. vene

vene New Member

Sabastian is so cute! :eek: Max is too funny! :m37: :m29: :m33: :m9: :m10: He probably gets away with everything being adorable and all. LOL's!

15. footsie

footsie New Member

Footsie is allowed on the table but not the counters. But he doesn't really ever get up on the table unless he's jumping from the counter.

16. nern

nern New Member

Wow, I did'nt realize that so many allowed this! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. My cats currently eat on the dining room table (the dogs will eat all the cat food if its left on the floor)...the table I have in the "cat room" is just not long enough anymore for all the dishes. One of these days I'm going to get a 5 or 6ft utility table for the cat room to put their food dishes and water on.
    Rene: That photo of Sebastain laying on the dining room table is hillarious! LOL.
    :mrgreen:

17. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

=P~ good poll...great topic nern!!! :y_the_best:

18. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Nern, I'm surprised so many allow it as well. To tell the truth, when I took the poll, I was embarassed to admit that I allow it :m29:

19. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

If I had tables, I would definately allow my kitties on them!

.... but I don't have any, and my kitties are too small to find a way onto them anyway....

20. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

my mother allows her cats on the table too...maybe thats where i got it :shock: i think its just something that we do!! :wink:

sorta like...letting them sleep in bed with you. i wonder if there is a connection...people who dont let their animals sleep with them, probably dont allow them on the table also...

do you think there is anyone on the forum that doesnt allow their cats to sleep with them...?