1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Charllotte

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Jul 22, 2004.

1. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Sams first and formost we all love you and are here for you. I am so sorry about Charlotte, I know its heartwrentching to lose a member of the family. I cried for weeks after my beloved Cheyenne died. I still keep her picture on my mantel and every time I see it I cry a little. Just know we are all here for you. Also I hope all goes well with Granvels grandmother. Glad they caught it early, we are going through this right now with my granmother and my husbands grandfather.

2. nern

nern New Member

Sams, I am so sorry for your loss. :cry:

{{{Hugs}}}

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Loan From God

God promised at the birth of time, a special friend to give, her time on earth is short, he said, so love her while she lives.

It may be six or seven years, or twelve or then sixteen, but will you, till I call her back, take care of her for me?

A wagging tail and cold wet nose, and silken velvet ears, a heart as big as all outdoors, to love you through the years.

Her puppy ways will gladden you, and antics bring a smile, as guardian of friend she will, be loyal all the while.

She'll bring her charms to grace your life, and though her stay be brief, when she's gone the memories, are solace for your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay, since all from earth return, but lessons only a dog can teach, I want you each to learn.

Whatever love you give to her, returns in triple measure, follow her lead and gain a life, brim full of simple pleasure.

Enjoy each day as it comes, allow your heart to guide, be loyal and steadfast in love, as the dog there by your side.

Now will you give her all your love, nor think the labor vain, nor hate me when I come to call, to take her home again?

I fancy each of us would say, "Dear Lord, thy will be done, for all the joy this day shall bring, the risk of grief we'll run."

"We'll shelter her with tenderness, we'll love her while we may, and for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay."

"But shall the angels call for her, much sooner than we've planned, we'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand."

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Sharon, what a beautiful poem. it brought tears

honeybear

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))

I'm so sorry, Sam....

6. SwtBettyLu

SwtBettyLu New Member

I am sorry to hear of your loss you will be ok God is watching over all of us. BIG HUGS!!! Take care and God bless.

7. goob

goob New Member

I'm so sorry to hear this :(

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Last night was VERY hard, as reality set in. No Char bear to bound out and run around my legs until I gave her what she wanted. No annoying yips of "Mommies HOme Mommies HOme!!!!"
    An empty dog bowl, and empty dog house.
    An empty kennel....and bed....

We let Smokey come into the house. I figured he needs more attention right now. He searched every nook and cranny of the house for her. Whined the whole time. IT was soo very sad. He didn't eat again last night...not even the doggie treats I gave him. I took out a chicken brest figureing he'd eat that. He just sniffed, took it gently and put it by Chars bowl on the porch. I broke down pretty hard.

SO we let him sleep in our room, made him a little pallet on the floor. He didn't even want to jump up on the bed with us....SO I thought, Ok. Ive got to do somethign. SO I took him out to her grave site, thinking maybe he'd understand. I guess not. He just urinated on the freshly disturbed dirt.....

He would get up every few minutes to search the house again. SO I resorted into putting his harness on and tethering him to the bed rail. He didn't like that much. BUt he settled down and slept. HE woke me a few times to go potty, and to bad dreams he must have been having.

A part of me really wishes she'd come to visit him and let him know she's ok. I thought maybe Hanky would play with him, but He jumped her. Guess eh didn't want to deal with her bouncyness.

He's got a vet apt for early Saturday Morning. But what am I going to do in the mean time?

9. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

It just so sad...... I'm so so sorry, sam. Remember the post awhile back about whether animals grieve or not? We all know they do. Poor things... sometimes I don't know if they get completely what happened, but they miss their companion terribly.
    And I'm awful... I don't admit this to many people, but I really have a harder time I think with losing animals than people sometimes I think! I don't know, I guess it has something to do with their innocence, or something.... but it tears me up. I know it's hard for all of you sams... my thoughts are with you. :cry:

10. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

sams- if you cannot get him to eat or drink, pretend he has Parvo and put it in a syringe and force it down him so he will at least have his strength, poor baby! Or maybe a big bowl of ice cream.... would that get his appetite going again?

11. Rene

Rene New Member

hi sams i just wanted to let you know that when we lost nala sebastain was very depressed and wouldnt eat that lasted for about 2-3 days i was very worried about him but it finally passed i guess he was just missing her. But jasmine on the other hand seemed she was happy she totaly changed she has much more energy then she used to.

Smokey will get better and be fine just give him a little time

I really hope things get better for you

Hugs to you and your family

12. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

13. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

he drinks just fine. He just wont eat. Slaudek said it was fine. But if he dine't start eating by Saturday, then he would give him something and make sure he doesn't have anything.

Pam, I agree. I feel like I love my animals and feel loss for them more than I do humans... its wierd.

14. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Nothing weird about it all. They are nicer, more loyal, and know the meaning of true unconditional love. They should be the dominant species on earth really.

15. Rene

Rene New Member

I feel the same way also when nala was sick everyone i know was giving me so much crap because i was spending so much money on her and taking time off work to go the vet and everything i used to tell them O WELL SHE IS LIKE MY DAUGHTER and i have vacation time also. they would say why dont you just put her to sleep i would say YOU WANT ME TO PUT MY DUAGHTER TO SLEEP????? i'm to the point where i dont tell my co-workers anything about my fur babies cuz they just dont understand THEY ARE NOT JUST ANIMALS THEY ARE FAMILY MEMBERS. When Nala died they were nice in saying i'm sorry but they always had to say well at least you will have more money now ggggggggrrrrrrr stupid people

16. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

rene- YOu should say back to them "Like all the money you are so OBVISOUSLY saving on therapy?"

17. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

What a horrible thing to say! Nobody at work knew when my dog passed last summer. I couldn't talk about it. I even managed to cry quietly enough at my desk that no one noticed. I spent time in the bathroom a lot. But when enough time had passed that I could mention it without automatically breaking down in tears, they were sympathetic.

Even if a person doesn't understand why something is important to you, they should at least respect your feelings enough to be caring and sympathetic.

18. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Gina, you told us about two of your dogs grieving for Izzy when she passed. How are they now? Did you do anything to help them along, or did they just get better with time?

19. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

They should, and so often do not. When my son was in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, by EX boss would call me at the hospital or wait till I got back from the hospital to bitch about work and everyone there everynight. 2 out 10 times he asked how Alex was! Jerk!

20. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Punkin & Bluebelle and Fancy snapped back to normal really quickly. But Pinky still mourns for Izzy. She still waits for Izzy at dinner time. And from time to time she will walk over to Izzy's bed and just kind of stare at it. And she gets very agitated if any of the other dogs try to sleep in it. And every since Izzy passed Pinky has taken her spot beside my bed she almost refuses to go into her crate and I certainly am not going to force her. I think after a while it will get easier for Pinky. She just was so close to Izzy and Pinky was the only dog Izzy allowed to be close to her. I sort of think Pinky being deaf and just being such a special girl had something to do with Izzy's acceptance of her.
    I still miss Izzy very much and every now and then I wake up in the middle of the night and still expect Izzy to be right there beside my bed.