1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

clown loaches

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by saram6778, Mar 26, 2004.

1. saram6778

saram6778 New Member

Is there any way to encourage clown loaches to be more social? I have 5 and I never see them! They are always hiding.

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

Mine always hide as well. I've read that if you provide at least one cave or "hidey hole" per fish you will see them more often because they will be swimming from cave to cave. Also, having a variety of caves makes them feel more secure because they have safe spots all over the tank.

3. fishfood

fishfood New Member

SOMETIMES I JUST TURN THE LIGHTS OFF. SHY FISHIES LIKE THAT. THERE LIKE "ITS DARK, SO I MUST BE SAFE".

4. texasfish

texasfish New Member

I introduced 4 into my tank mid-jan to combat a bad snail problem that I had. It took about 2 months for me to see all 4 on a regular basis. Now I actually feed them by hand. As for the snails, they are gone. I now take some snails from my 10g fry tank and feed them to the clowns as a treat from time to time. Check out the following website for some good info on clown loaches.

http://www.loaches.com/index.html

Scott

5. saram6778

saram6778 New Member

Thanks! I had a snail "problem" also, and they are completely gone since introducing the clown loaches LOL. I sort of liked the snails, though..I didn't really see them as a problem.

I started with 3 clown loaches about a month ago, 1 died, and the other 2 disappeared. So, I added 3 more about 2 weeks ago. I see 3 on a regular basis, I have no idea where the other 2 could be. I love watching them, and this is really frustrating :)

75g planted tank
    5 Gouramis
    1 Neon tetra
    10 Black skirt tetras
    1 Angel fish
    3-5 Clown Loaches
    3 Corydoras
    4 platys/swordtails
    1 guppy
    4 Bala Sharks

6. saram6778

saram6778 New Member

good news!

We saw *all 5* clown loaches at once today~~they are all alive healthy and happy... hooray :)

7. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Hey,
    That's great news, glad to see that your problem may be solved.
    Be patient and don't give up hope! :mrgreen: