1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

collars for petite cats

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by kyles101, May 16, 2006.

1. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

ok, so its pheobe and kumas birthday today and i planned on giving pheobe a new collar. shes managed to kill the one she has because its one of those fabric type ones [like a lupine collar]. shes pulled all the threads out and now it looks like she has purple fur streaks in the neck fur :lol: anyway, i could not find a non fabric/woven collar to fit ANYWHERE! the poor little princess only has a 7 inch neck. most collars go to a minimum of 8 inches and even then alot of excess is hanging off. does anyone know an online store that sells tiny collars?? preferably leather?

p.s. kuma is getting a squeaky toy, some chicken flavoured dog gravy that has just come out in the shops and a bunch of bbq chicken [which no doubt pheobe will eat too!!]

2. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

If you can find a leather collar for a cat thats 'normal' size a belt person can pop a few extra holes in it for you. may not even charge you.

theres a guy in my mall who is a leather worker and does those sorts of things.

with Raz i had to get a super small collar, i got a nylon type self release one, then made my own extra holes and melted the area where i cut off the too long part plastic with a candle fire to make sure the excess cut end didnt fray :)

3. vene

vene New Member

Happy birthday to Phoebe and Kuma! :0018: :qm4: :kiss_puppy:

4. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

Have you looked at the break away collars? I got one for my kitties and they're completely adjustable and pretty hard to tear apart. And if your kitties go outside, it has the cool break away latch so they dont get stuck if something happens.
    My kittie's necks are the size of beanpoles too, so I know how it feels :D But the breakaway collars fit perfectly with with no excess hanging and even came with a little bell!

5. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

nylon breakaway collars are useless. the scratches it and the threads get pulled.

6. Whispered

Whispered New Member

you know what I love and found even better, to me, than collars?
    I love harnesses!.. Cats can't get hungup or strangled or easily taken off.

Harnesses stay on, are comfortable. thats just my 2 cents and what I've found works great. You can find them in all sizes too.

7. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

hmm somehow i dont think a harness would be a good idea... anyway, i found a collar! it claims to be snagproof. its lasted a few days so far so im assuming it really is snagproof. she was one unhappy kitty when she saw i came home with another collar [she hates them big time].