1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Crayfish Help

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by needlefish, Apr 5, 2004.

1. needlefish

needlefish New Member

My sister has a 2 inch crayfish in a 5 gallon tank and i want to move it into a 10 gallon tank. What would it eat? could he live with live plants? are there any catfish that can live with it?

Thanks for your help

Dillon

2. AMR22

AMR22 New Member

yes they can live with live plants and i think they would eat shrimp pellets and brine shrimp

3. kevinRB

kevinRB New Member

some crayfish I find rather agressive and i wouldnt suggest getting any kind of fish :mrgreen:

4. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

hi i own breed and raise crayfish and if u put them in a tank w/ live plants more then likely they will eat it if they cant find anything else... crayfish will eat whatever they can catch or u feed them... i feed mine regular fish food live plants and grass shrimp and dead fish they love decaying matter......as far as the fish go u can put them w/ almost any kind of fish and they shouldnt eat the fish as long as u feed them regualraly....i have a 10 gallon tank w one in it now along w/ some guppies and my cray dont even touch my fish... so u should be fine as long as u dont 4get to feed them...

5. needlefish

needlefish New Member

i have some baby cichlids in the 10 gallon and when i put the crayfish in, they attacked it. what can i do to have the crawfish be active and not get killed?

6. fishdude

fishdude New Member

crayfish can notbe kept with other fish, cray fish or plants unless you want to feed them. I keep my crays in 15g tanks with good rockwork and filteration. they also like their own caves.

7. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

i keep 2 crays in my 30 gal tank along w/ fish and plants and they do not mess w/ each other or do they mess w/ the plants or fish sooo.....

8. Alen

Alen New Member

FMgurl43
    Since you have crayfish I thought I would ask you a few questions, First have you ever kept a crayfish and a pleco in the same tank? Would the crayfish attack/kill the pleco? I ask this beacuse I want to put a crayfish in my 45gal tank with my firemouths and 5 inch long pleco.

9. needlefish

needlefish New Member

a crayfish will kill anything that can fit in its claws. any bottom dwellers may get killed. See, I have done my homework! :mrgreen:

10. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

yes in one of our ponds we have them together and they r still doing fine...

11. Alen

Alen New Member

How big is the pleco though.....?

12. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

well the pleco is a lil bigger then the crayfish not by much but im guessing the cray is maybe bout 3 in. and id say the the pleco is maybe 3.5 but thats just guessing...

13. fishdude

fishdude New Member

wish my cray would be like that.