1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Curiosity Is Killing Me Question

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by Shineillusion, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

When I was a little kid, I remember driving by a farm that had at least a dozen horses that were marked like Dutch Belted cattle; black on the front and back end with a band of white in the middle. I remember my sister stopping to talk to the people who owned them, but not much else about them, including what breed they were, or even if they were a breed at all.

Over the years, I sort of forgot about the whole thing until I was driving down the highway last weekend. There were two horses marked just like the ones I'd seen as a kid. Black fore and aft, white in the middle, just like a Dutch Belted cow.

If I could go back to the area and find the place that I saw them, I'd go back and ask. But the price of gas being what it is, that ain't gonna happen. So, do any of you horsey type people know what I'm talking about? Anyone ever seen them or know anything about them?

2. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I know what you're talking about, however i'm having trouble coming up with a name. Perhaps a paint tobino. A paint is a horse that is 2 colors, either brown and white, or black and white. But just a paint has the color in spots, not in strips as you're describing, that's where the tobino part comes in. A tobino has distinct outlines in his/her color, so combine a paint and a tobino paint, and there you have it. I believe that's what they are.

3. someday

someday New Member

sounds like a paint with a tobiano pattern to me..look a little something like this?

[​IMG]

4. horse_child

horse_child New Member

That's the kind of horse I was trying to explain, so if that's it then it is a tobino.

5. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Not exactly. I'm familiar with the different paint/pinto patterns. This is a little different. There aren't any patches of color in the belt. And no patches of white in the colored portion. They are identical to a belted cow, either the Dutch belted or Gallways. Solid black on the front and back end, solid white in the middle.

Sure wish I could have gotten a picture of one.