1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

cycle my tank??

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by willieb18, Apr 13, 2004.

1. willieb18

willieb18 New Member

i checked my water yesterday when i got home. my ammonia is low. i didnt chech it with the box i the water in the testube was yellow so that means that it is like .50 but my nitrite and nitrate are still high. now that my ammonia is getting low will the others go down.

also would fish rather be infront of the window or along a wall with out a window?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

The nitrites should start going down soon.

And it is best to keep tanks out of direct sunlight (ie away from windows). Otherwise you'll end up with lots of algae.

-Chelle

3. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Question Chelle, shouldn't he be adding some ammonia? even though nitrates are up? (i never made a cycled without fish) I thought you would be adding ammonia until you add fish into the tank. :?:

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yes, he should be adding 5ppm of ammonia every day.

-Chelle