1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Didn't get to say goodbye.

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by darkrabbit213, Mar 18, 2005.

1. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

I know I need my high school education but there are other ways to get it and completely giving up on everything I've been working so hard to get. I finally have a home! I don't want to be being tossed around from foster home to foster home until I'm 18. I plan on going to night school once I turn 17 (8/27) and I can get my HS Diploma through there. Plus, I'm not going to be at Dunkin' Donuts much longer to begin with, I'm starting a job at Access Worldwide within the next couple of weeks.

I am not going to base my entire life around my education, I want to enjoy my life and I don't care where I work.

2. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

update:

I went to my mother's today, after checking up with animal control and the shelter on the "if you have an animal for so long it's yours" law. And it turns out up here it's a month. Sherbert has only been at my mom's for about 2 wks... I went to see him today, (won't mention how I got into the house) and I was greeted with a chorus of purrs and meows. Tomorrow I am going to go over and take Luna's advice... steal him away! He's my little boy who I've raised for 7 months!

3. Rene

Rene New Member

Rabbit i'm so sorry to hear all the problems you are having at such a young age. I also agree with "most" everyone here i really hope that you get yourself back in school i know it's hard but you have to think of your future as well as now.

When i was young my mom got rid of at least 3 of my cats (different times of course) but i know how you feel it's like an emptyness or something. Then to top it off i grew up had kids lived on my own and got a dog (black lab) he was a doll but he was already 1 year old had way to much enegry for me i was a single (well still am lol) and my kids were 6 and 1 i came to relize that i didnt have time for skipper and my kids were affarid of him cuz he would jump on them (playing of course) So i decided to run an ad in the local paper and sell him for $50.00 i figured if someone would pay for him they would love him. Well i went christmas shopping and my mom babysat for me i told her if anyone called take a message and i would call them back. Well i came home and she had GIVEN HIM AWAY to someone i didnt even know i was so upset. a year later i got something in the mail saying it was time to reg. him again with the county (mom didnt even take his darn tags off) i wrote to the county and explained that i was no longer the owner of the dog. 3 years later i get a call from the pound they had him he was abandoned in an apartment for who knows how long so i go and pay 300.00 to get him out thinking it was faith or something this poor dog was now 4 and still no training or manners or anything and my landlord forbid me to have pets so i put him in my back yard went to work and when i came home he had broke the fence down and got out Again i get a call from the pound AGAIN i go pay a ton of money to get him out but this time when he broke my fence he went across the street and they loved him but thought they should take him to the pound to see if the owner showed up well when i found out it was the guy across the street i told him to go adopt him i could not afford to get him out AGAIN. He went to adopt him and he was already gone still not sure to this day what ever happened to him.

Sorry so long but my point is DID MY MOM HAVE THE RIGHT GO GIVE HIM AWAY NO he was MY dog and i tried my best to do what was best for him. I also think your mom should have talked to you about it first give you an option come get them or else. i'm just really sorry you have to go thru all this.

Rene

edit to say: i didnt see the second page here sorry i hope you were kidding by "stealing him back" i would sure hate to hear that you got in some kind of troble talk to your mom about getting your kitty back

4. lil96

lil96 New Member

but differences in your case and this one is that you left your mom at your house (I assume) for a few hours, these kitties were at her moms house for 2 weeks. I think that is a difference. But either way it is sad.
    But I wouldn't suggest stealing the kitty, your mom sounds weird (no offense, but she doesn't seem to care for you) and she might call the cops or something.

5. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

luna, dont imply that i dont think its sad when i have clearly stated that i think it is very sad what has happened. would i be upset if the same happened to me? of course, that question wasnt even worth asking, you know what the answer is. would i come on here saying mean things about my mum, getting people to agree with me then plan on doing something really immature that was suggested by an adult member? NO WAY! i really did expect better from adults.

6. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

i agree...

and kyles, seems like you had an issue with rabbit early on. maybe your post has more to do with that than the current issue. do you have any compassion kyles? she loved those kitties. your posts are very harsh.

rabbit...just remember, life on life's terms. :wink: life will hand you unfair circumstances...its up to us to deal with them. but how you deal with it is critical. because you can focus on the problem, which means the problem gets bigger, or focus on the solution and the solution gets bigger. you can become bitter and angry, or use the situation to empower yourself. dont give your mother the power to make you bitter and resentful. you fought hard for those kitties. maybe you were a warrior in a past life or something...lols...

hang in there. get back to school. you are such a bright young woman. you deserve to be successful with the drive and the intellect you have. my thoughts and prayers are with you and the kitties. i know your sad and devastated. i would be too. you were so committed to those kitties. :y_the_best:

xoxo :love_y_t_much:

lynn and the boys...

7. luna

luna New Member

first of all i did not "imply" anything. second: if i was an adult member wouldn't i agree with everyone else?

8. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

darkrabbit, does your grandma and aunt speak to you mom? Would they be willing to speak in your behalf to your mom about how you are feeling? Maybe that would help a little.

I'm sorry you are going through all of this. Life is surely not fair. Always remember you are a unique person, there is no one else like you, and you should be proud of who you are.

There is a lot of love from auspet members oozing out of this Board to you.
    Take care.

9. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

yes i do have a problem with rabbit lynnhaz, and its perfectly justified too. the net is a 'strange' place, remember that.

10. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Let's try and stay on topic. Otherwise we will have to close this post.

11. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

sorry... :oops: