1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Disgusting!!!!!! poor Bonsai Kittens

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by ChinookLover89, Feb 9, 2005.

1. ChinookLover89

ChinookLover89 New Member

2. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

I seriously hope that is just a sick joke. And even if it is though, it still encourages sick people and gives them more ideas of how to abuse defenseless baby animals. GRRRR!! :x Mean people suck!

3. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

fairiedust. that is an adorable avatar.... :eek:

personally...i couldnt even get past the first page when i saw what they might be up to. even if its a joke....i dont think its funny. makes me sick to even think about hurting a kitten...

4. Bente

Bente New Member

I've heard that this was a hoax too, and I pray to god that it is :cry: :m3:

Listen to this: "In fact, if you take a week-old kitten and throw it to the floor, it will actually bounce! We do not recommend that you try this at home. The kitten may bounce under the furniture and be difficult to retrieve, as well as covered in unsightly household dust."

"Waste Removal. Left to its own devices, the kitten would quickly fill its vessel with its own urine and feces, leading to certain sickness and death, not to mention the inevitably unpleasant appearance and odor. The best solution is to seal the kitten's anus with Super Glue prior to insertion, and then insert a waste tube through a third hole in the vessel."

It has GOT to be a joke...

5. i_love_my_ollie

i_love_my_ollie New Member

that is sick i hope t is a hoax how can any think that is any where near funny :x

6. Bente

Bente New Member

I must admit I got a bit suspicious to this site, becase we don't get to see pictures of the "finished product". All we see is kittens in jars, and on the "halfsphere" cat under 'guestbook', it's pretty obvious that it's just a cat under a kitchen bowl...
    So I've been searching around, and so far everything I've found indicates that non of this is true. That this so called "art form" has never exicted anywhere....

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/bonsai.asp

http://www.cruel.com/sub/bonsai.shtml

What kind of sick people would come up with a "joke" like this?? It makes me so angry! :m3: Some people who sees that web site might actually try it for themselves... There are detailed instructions on how to do it ( http://bonsaikitten.chaos.org/biocat/biocat.html - no offensive pics) and I would bet money that someone has tried it. Those who came up with this should be put in jail!!

7. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

i agree completely....i dont get it...how people think stuff like that is funny. that is seriously deranged... :roll: :shock: :m3: :m36:

8. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

It's a hoax that's been around for years. I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread about it here sooner.

Some people have sick senses of humor. Luckily, that's all it is.

from snopes.com (as mentioned in a post earlier)

Origins: Bonsai kittens are not real. Nobody is making bonsai kittens. Nobody is selling equipment to help people make bonsai kittens. Nobody is instructing people in the "lost Eastern art of sealing kittens inside rectilinear jars."

The Bonsai Kitten web site is a joke, not an actual promotion for the making of bonsai kittens. Investigations by law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, have already determined no real cats were harmed in the creation of the pictures used on the Bonsai Kitten web site. Signing a petition to shut down the Bonsai Kitten web site will not prevent any kittens from being harmed, because no kittens were harmed in the first place.

It was all a joke, one which some say was in terribly poor taste. If that was your reaction, take comfort in the knowledge that many others thought the same.

How could you have known the Bonsai Kitten site was a satire despite its lack of "This is a joke!" banners emblazoned across it? Satire doesn't always announce itself as such (some feel that would ruin its humor), so in cases like this, one dusts off the common sense and aims it at the problem:

The process described is impossible: animals so treated would die long before they could be "molded."

The web site offers no way to purchase the materials advertised. A real commercial enterprise wouldn't build consumer interest through a flashy web site then fail to offer anything for sale. (The site does include a page of "Helpful Tools & Supplies" but provides no form through which they can be ordered.)

The "Bonsai Kitten" site displays no actual pictures of the finished product. There are plenty of pictures of kittens in jars which can comfortably accommodate them (cats are quite elastic and can fit into very small spaces without discomfort), but there are no photographs of molded kittens on display.
    The cruel.com web site offers an article entitled "Happiness is a Rectilinear Kitten," their comprehensive history of the furor and media coverage generated by the Bonsai Kitten web site throughout its first year of existence.

9. vene

vene New Member

10. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

Thanx Lynnhaz :) That's a pic of my new baby dumbo rat girl, Velvet. She's just 6 weeks old, but she's almost doubled in size this past week that i've had her. She's reading The Three Bears...ain't she a cutie?! :mrgreen:

Glad to hear the whole site is a bad joke, but i still don't like it and don't think it should be allowed.

11. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

she's about the cutest thing ive seen. at first i didnt even think she was real...like a little picture in a childs book... :eek:

12. Tasha

Tasha New Member

This is just a sick joke... I found out about the "Bonsai Kittens" on this site about a yr ago when someone else found it and thought it was real.... really tweaked me out.

Im just not seeing how thats funny.... :|

13. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

It's an old hoax, you can look it up on snopes.com if you want to

14. RoWdY

RoWdY New Member

Like I've probably said before, I can watch those shows on t.v where they're cutting people up doing autopies or even those crime dramas but you just let me see one injured pet or even Animal Planets cop show where they save pets from people that abuse or neglect them and my stomach turns to knots. I have to turn the channel. If I see a newspaper article about anything horrible happening to an animal, I just can't get it out of my mind.

Anybody remember the story about the road rage incident where the man grabbed the little barking dog out of the lady's car it was in and threw it out in traffic to die right in front of her? That story to this DAY still gives me nightmares.

:(

My mom actually confronted a lady that had her dog tied to a tree in the blazing heat with no food or water. Out in the middle of nowhere, mind you. She went up to a stranger's door not knowing what kind of people lived there to ask about the dog. The lady thought she was from an animal rights group and slammed the door in her face and my mom, startled, fell off the woman's porch and broke her arm! I told her that's what she gets for going into stranger's yards, they could've been ax murderers or something. But even though she broke her arm, she said she'd do it all over again just to hope the dog might be fed.

I just cannot fathom how anybody could look into a loving animal's face and torture them or even joke about torturing them. I'll never understand in a million years.

15. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

[quote="RoWdY

Anybody remember the story about the road rage incident where the man grabbed the little barking dog out of the lady's car it was in and threw it out in traffic to die right in front of her? That story to this DAY still gives me nightmares. ."[/quote]

Thought you might be interested in this http://interstice.com/leo/
    he got 3 years for what he did to Leo and additional for other crimes. Its not enough but its better than what happens too often in animal abues cases where they get a fine and a slap on the wrist.