1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

do all dogs eat cat poop?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by luna, Nov 5, 2004.

1. luna

luna New Member

my dog abby eats cat poop out of the litter box. we've tried to keep the door shut most of the way and she just opens it. do all dogs eat cat poop or is it just abby?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Yes all dogs eat cat poop i know its disgustiing but its the sort of thing most dogs like.
    Cleaning the litter tray as soon as the cat has pooped will stop the dog having access to it .

Mike

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

YES!! it sso gross

4. lil96

lil96 New Member

Luther used to occasionally, but he has lost interest in it over time (Lucky me!!)

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Cat poop, dog poop, horse poop, chicken poop - it's all good! LOL. Yuck.

6. nern

nern New Member

LOL Jamiya! :mrgreen:

Natalie loves cat poop and will happily snack on it any time she gets the opportunity.

7. horse_child

horse_child New Member

i second jamiya, any kind of poop is welcome!

8. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

mmm doggy chocolate!!!! golden nuggets!!!! :-& :0024:

9. BXRchicProPit

BXRchicProPit New Member

I think that given the opportunity, most dogs would love "tootsie rolls" as we call them in this house. :roll:
    But the reasoning behind it is interesting...
    apparently cat food is generally very high in protein and in the poop its not exactly broken down thoroughly and the dog can pick up the not-broken-down stuff and it still looks/smells like a snack to them. :shock:
    At any rate, we caught Kaida sniffing the box once and we waived arms, yelled, hollared, freaked out and screamed "NOOOOOO" and she doesn't even go near the box now! thank God! :wink:

10. luna

luna New Member

oooo. wish that worked for abby, she just gose back maybe i should try the waving arms thing.