1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

dog door + muddy feet = problem

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by howard miner, Apr 21, 2004.

1. howard miner

howard miner New Member

We have a dog door leading to a backyard that is muddy from the spring rain. Does anyone have an easy way to clean dogs feet the 50 times /day he enters the house? Currently we rub his feet, one at a time, in a bucket of water, then towel.
    Thanks, Howard

2. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

BOOTS :lol:

2pyrs

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

we have a dog soor - luckily we dont have that problem, I have heard people will stick a small pan like thing of water in front of the door they have to step into in order to get thru the door. We have a rug right at the door so it absorbs most of teh moisture. You might want to try the pan of water. I watched the home channel once and people were LOL actually having built in paw washes in front of their dog doors

honeybear

4. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

For real Boots. Not sure how your yard is set up but consider grass such as Zoyisa or making a dog run. My problem with water here is the cold and then warm up just enough to make mud, but we made a nice dog run for $100.00 for all four of my guys. Would be more if you wanted bigger or better then what we have. Size we have is 14 foot wide x 20 feet long and a run next the house 16 feet long x 4 foot wide. All surrounded by a 4 1/2 foot wood fence. We have there area connected to the house so they go in and out on there own and not into the yard where we have garden and pond. It is so much easier to keep there area clean and safe.

2pyrs

5. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

Forget the boots, I just remembered my guys after they came in from playing and the only thing clean on them was there feet. :lol:

2pyrs

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Maybe you can leave the hose near the back door and hose them off before they come in? Might be faster than a bucket of water.

Jamiya

7. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

HOward, if you ever find a good solution, please let me know!!
    I keep a towel by the door, and chase Harley around telling her to stay until I can get her paws dry. Wahoo!