1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dog hit by car...please respond

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by roorichard, Apr 11, 2004.

1. roorichard

roorichard New Member

My Bichon Frise was just hit by a car and there was blood all over her face. I do not know if she was run over but her front tooth was broken about 3/4 of the way up. I do not know if the blood was from that or coming out of her nose. It seemed as though she ran into the tire of the moving vehicle and was knocked out. When i ran to her, she was laying on her back with blood on her face. But then after about 30 seconds, she woke up and got on all fours. She stopped bleeding and that was it. I do not know if she is bleeding internally or maybe even got a concussion. If any of you could help me out I would appreciate it. All the vets are closed now due to the late hours.
    Thank you very much

2. roorichard

roorichard New Member

Her name is punky and also her left eye is a little bloodshot, not much. She is roughly 9 years old and healthy.

I appreciate any help, thank you

Ricky

3. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

Big problem with a small dog is going into shock. How is she acting? Is she up and moving? Do her pupils move correctly? Will she drink water if its offered? And on the internal bleeding, watch her very closely for swelling, feel her stomach repeatly so you would be able to tell quickly if it started to swell.

4. roorichard

roorichard New Member

She is up and very scared...her pupils look fine but, you know that scared look, well thats what she looks like. They seem to be moving fine and doesnt look like she broke anything since I am feeling around and she is not crying. She wet herself too after being hit by the car but that was probably just a reaction to being scared. I have the tooth in my hand if that means anything, but i still do not know if the bleeding came from the tooth being severed or her nose...it seems as though she ran into the car face first and was not run over...at least i hope...

thank you very much, very much

5. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry about your dog. Do you have an emergency vet in your area?

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi I am so sorry to hear about your little girl.

I dont mean to sound blunt or anything here this is not my intention but she should really see a vet to make sure all is well being hit in the head by a car she may not show and signs of damage till a couple of days later so its best to have her checked some dogs dont show pain until a few days later when they have recovered from the shock..

PLease keep us posted of how she gets on and i hope all is well.

Mike

7. Oh How scary! :shock: please do see a vet ASAP, are there no emergency clinics in your area? I truly hope all will be o.k. with your poor furbaby..

Do keep us posted

I'll pray for your pooch

Susan

8. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I would get her to a vet as soon as possible.

My GSD got hit a few years ago and even though her wounds appeared to be superficial I went flying to the vet - who was closed but met me there. Sadie had a wound on the inside of her leg that I missed and she was so shocky the vet would put her under to stitch the cut up - she used skin glue.

The did x-rays a few days later and she had even more hip damage than what she already had....you can't see all of the damage on the outside.

I would go....I hope you find it was all for nothing but you'll feel better knowing.

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

If there is an emergency vet in your area - take her in! If not, try calling the vets in the phone book - many now have answering services that can get in touch with the vet in an emergency.

If you can't find anyone, watch her closely. Keep her warm. And bring her in first thing when the vets open!

Jamiya

10. roorichard

roorichard New Member

She was taken to the vet last night and he said he wanted to keep her overnight and a good part of the day. When i get more information i will let you all know. Thank you very much for your compassion. I wish you all a good easter.

Ricky

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Ricky, how is she? Everyone was right. Thank you for bringing her in to see the vet. You can't be to careful at all with these things. Did the vet say anything about the tooth. I think sometimes teeth can be saved if brought in soon enough.

12. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi ricky i hope all is well with punky i have my fingers crossed for you.
    The worst part is the waiting for news.
    Good luck and hope to hear from you soon.
    Mike

13. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I'm reading this post for the first time..... and am also concerned. I sure hope your baby is doing okay. Please post and let us know!

14. roorichard

roorichard New Member

Hey everyone,

Punky is doing fine and on the road to recovery. I will take a broken tooth rather than a broken heart. Thank you everyone for your prayers because they were answered. Even though a bad thing like that happened, it was the best news I have heard in awhile when I heard that she was ok. I hope everything goes well with all of you and thank you again. :D

Ricky

15. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Ricky,
    I'm so happy to hear that she is okay!!! That is AWESOME news!!! :eek:

We need more happy news in the world these days :love_y_t_much: Thanks for the update.