1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dog Park - first timer!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MonsterBailey, Mar 29, 2004.

1. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

:!: Oh NO, NO, malti!!! I think you misread/misinterpreted Monster's response! When she said:

She was STRONGLY AGREEING with what you had said!!!

I just wanted to clear that up for you so you weren't left feeling guilty! :D

2. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Sorry again ,guess I may have read wrong ,but I am in the middle of taxes (boxes and boxes of reciepts ) and all I can see is numbers ,so about every hour or so I check the puppies and then check online and then go back to 1 +1-15+86+23 -42+ and I think my eyes are not even focusing anymore .Last night they were so swollen from crying and today they are just red from numbers ,I close my eyes and see @!*@# 1233286296397230238370-===92702382-=--1071271219820==1917-128....So I may have gotten it wrong .
    Okay ...I got a question what is 2+2 ....... :shock: :oops: :?
    Hope Your babies are doing great tonight Shihpoo !

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

We are getting 2.. and that's just what my husband reminded of. I just thought they should play with other doggies ~ there are some around our neighborhood so it's not a big deal ~ but, a doggie park would be SO cool! :D

4. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Great points MyBabyShihPoo ~ they'll have plenty of other doggies to play with! I didn't think about obedience school and other places that they'll have that opportunity! :roll: My mind ceases to function sometimes :lol:

5. figgy

figgy New Member

MonsterBailey:

Thanks for the compliment on my babies. I'll check out Bailey's dogster site & "hook up the gang" as pup pals! Thanks! :idea:

6. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Sorry, Malti... I think you mis-read what I wrote. You need a tax-break, silly wabbit. I actually was saying "No sh&*" on your comment -- hehe...... But I was being a good girl, while being a bad girl!

You're absolutely right, babyshihpoo! I was totally agreeing. Thanks for having my back! hehe......

7. ilovemaltipoos

:D I know Monster ,I went back this morning and reread and seen I was looking at it all wrong ...HAD TO HAVE SLEEP to be able to even see what I was reading ...I dreamed about being in the ocean ...counting fish !!!! :wink:
    Sorry again for the confusion on my part ...

8. ilovemaltipoos

Hey Poogirl , :idea:
    Get together with some other doggie owners ,get with your local city council and "make them " create a doggie park for all of you ...That is how it starts ..People going to their locals and saying "Hey ! we need and want this ,we pay your salary ,get it done " You can say you know a SLIMEBUSTER and she has salt ...melt ,melt !!!! LOL! 8) :p :lol:

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I'm glad Bailey baby had fun. But please don't get that urge to go over to the big dog side. As nice as they are they have that prey instinct for small animals. I won't go into my horror story. But for baileys sake let him play with his own size. I don't want to see him get hurt. I don't mean to be a bummer, but it is so devistating. Have fun.

10. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

oh my gosh, Puttin..... are you nuts? LOL.... no way! I would never ever "go over to the dark side".... lol...... There were rottweilers and pit bulls over there! SCARE SCARE! LOL :) not to mention, my allergies would go haywire over there too. =;

But thanks for the concern..... believe me.... I'm way too chicken! I barely let him put his head out the window in the car sometimes! [-(

:) hehe

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I must of been, becuase I have been to the dark side never again. Oddly my rufus had problems two different times by huskeys that were jeoulous. Go figure. Never again.

12. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

wow, puttin!! pretty interesting that it's been huskies every time! hmmmm.... i'm sure hoping it's just a coincidence! #-o

By the way -- Bailey went for his second trip to the dog par last weekend. He did better, he was more social - but still pretty shy! We're going again tomorrow.... so I'll keep you guys posted again. I just know how you're all on the edge of your seat waiting to hear about dog park stories! LOL \:D/

13. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

You know, Rufus is a very outgoing dog, but he gets freaked out and thinks I'm going to leave him there. So he usually does not stay away from me for very long. He is definately not one of those dogs that gets in there and forgets about me. He always has to check on me. He does like it though. And he run in with those big teeth have not ruined it for him thank goodness.

14. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Puttin,

Well yesterday was Bailey's third time and he's getting a little more adventurous, but still sticks to my side a lot..... then again, I noticed that a lot with the other "kids" in the park too...... so I'm just assuming it'll always be like that with him. He's definitely a Mama's boy anyways....

By the way, where in LA are there dog parks? I am too far from the L.A. area normally, but we do travel down there often!

15. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

There is one in Redondo Beach, San Pedro, Long Beach. If you do a search of dog parks in So. california. You'll see more. I just put the ones I have been too. I can't think of the others. Its really fun going to them when there is alot of dogs there. I like to sit low and they seem to all come to you.

16. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Thanks, puttin!! We've been to Long Beach a couple of times in the past year or so....... I'll check it all out! :) Thanks again! :love_y_t_much:

17. winnie

winnie New Member

there are also dog parks in encino, and calabasas...i go to the one in encino on white oak and victory...i love it :)

18. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Thanks Winnie!!! I heard about another dog park that was close to where I live.... and guess what, they don't have GRASS! It's all dirt and that "playground" bark stuff! Ick! :0024: That soooooooooo doesn't sound appealing to me (Or to Bailey, I'm sure) [-(

19. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Well, thats what the san pedro and long beach dog park has. the one in redondo has some grass left, not alot though. The dogs run and pee on everything. So its hard to keep alive. I think they have a certain time where you can bring the dogs on the beach in Huntington beach also.

20. Rene

Rene New Member

darn wish there were some dog parks close to Oakley, ca i would love to take sebastain and jasmine there :cry: