1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs and Ghosts

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by StormyWinter, Jul 14, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

When my husband was in enlisted in the Air force we lived on the Historic FE Warren AFB it is known for it's hauntings. There are many books written about it. And we just so happened to live in the Historic Bricks Sergeant's Row. And I can tell you now if I never believed in ghosts before when I moved from there I was a firm believer. The things that happened to us in that house were never harmful just very irritating at times. One time my husband and had gotten up for work I had made the bed and was downstairs getting the kids ready for day care when my husbands comes running downstairs screaming about how he's gonna be late for work! So where are his boots? So IM thinking oh great IM gonna go upstairs and there they will be right where he left them. So I went upstairs and ended up searching that house from top to bottom even the basement and attic. His big black size 12 work boots were gone. We ended up both being late for work searching for those darn boots.
    My husband had to end up going to the BX to buy boots for work.
    Anyhow so I came home for lunch like I did everyday and as I walked by my bedroom on the way to the bathroom I glanced in my room and almost fell down when I saw what I saw.
    There in the middle of my bed were my husbands boots as well as a pair of flip flops I had lost the summer before and had just assumed the dog had ate them.
    So I called my husband at work expecting him to say he had found them but why he would have put them on my clean bed was going to be a whole different discussion. But when I called him and he said he had no idea what I was talking about I freaked out! I was still sort of thinking in the back of mind that he was pranking me until he came home and was obviously perplexed as to how they got there. We never figured it out. But other odd things such as that happened often. Once I put a roast in the Refrigerator to thaw and when I got up the next morning it was gone. Later that day I found it in the washing machine.
    And any time my husband was deployed or PCS I woke up in the night hearing noises in the attic and I swear one night whatever or whoever haunted that house was cackling at me. And very loudly even then my 5 year old son had heard it because the next morning he asked me "Mommy what were you laughing about all night?"
    There are many more strange occurrences that went on in that house. One night one of our dogs who always slept in my room woke me and my husband up in the middle of the night growling fiercely at the baby gate that was attached to the top of the stairs. He ended up backing up and jumping over that gate tumbling down the stairs and then proceeding to fight/attack something or someone in the dining room. My husband went down and checked it out and never found anything.
    There are several books that have been written about FE Warren and Cheyenne if you do a search online for CHeyenne, WY or FE Warren AFB you will be able to read tons of stories about the base.

2. Jules

Jules New Member

Oooooooh supernatural stuff... scary...

I have my own ghost story too.. for some reason I always forget to tell it, then I think oh yeah! I remember that!
    My brothers used to share a room next to mine, but you had to go out the back door from the main house and along the verandah to get to our rooms. It was an old house, and instead of steps to the verandah it had this stupid steep wooden ramp. Anyway, a few times in the middle of the night we could hear footsteps coming up the ramp and running up and down the verandah... tapping on our windows and trying to open the doors. It didn't really sound like trying to open the doors, just twisting the door knobs back and forth fastly. This kept happening, and we'd be frozen in fear in the night and we'd talk about it in the morning. We thought some wierdo was trying to break in or something. But we never heard the footsteps go DOWN the ramp, only coming up.
    Then wierd stuff started happening to my youngest brother, he was having fights with 'someone' trying to keep the doona on his bed. He said it was kind of like a dog trying to pull and shake the doona off him. I'm not sure how many times this happened to him.
    And one night- I'm not sure if this is related to the ghost, but it was around the same time (and it never happened again) my youngest brother got out of bed at night and was running around in circles in the bedroom making a hell of a racket... running with heavy footsteps, and he finally found the door and went inside screaming (he was still asleep) and it woke my Dad and my step mum and he was sitting on my step mum's knee rocking back and forth saying "Mummy daisy, mummy daisy, mummy daisy..." over and over. They asked him if he wanted a glass of water and he screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
    Then he snapped out of it and didn't remember it at all. This could have been just a bad nightmare, but I found it coincedental that it was at the same time this other freaky stuff was happening, and he's never done anything like that ever again, or before.
    A woman came over to do a pshycic reading for my step mum and told her that there was a young girl present at the house. Somehow she made her go away and we never heard it again.
    So now my brother believes in ghosts... and he is the blokiest of blokes!

I sometimes sense things too- you know when you go into a house and it just feels uncomfortable? The house my partner used to live in with his friend was one of these houses. I hated being there on my own, and I got up one morning in my half asleep state and told his house mate there was a woman ghost that lived there! It was just a feeling I had. I love the house I am in now because I don't have any wierd 'feelings' about it. Stupid as it sounds, this was important to me when we were looking for a place. I don't like the idea of sharing a house with a ghost!

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Spooky stories, Jules: whats a doona maybe a blanket?

4. Jules

Jules New Member

Ha ha! You probably have a different word for it! It's that thick feather filled thing you sleep under. Or in my case man-made fibre so ducks didn't have to die for my warmth!!!

5. asdmom

asdmom New Member

yes jamiya we get some doozies over there. the majority of the people who start them are one timers. we have a ghost society here in jersey that meets once a month. i think i may check out their next meeting. the only bizarre thing that has ever happened to me was when my dad was in japan in the army he brought home a doll. when i was around 8 he gave it to me. i used to keep it on my nightstand. everynight i would go to bed and become very sad and start crying and all i could think about was death and dying when i looked at the doll. needless to say i told my parents and i haven't seen the doll again. don;t know whatever happened to it. but the sad thoughts stopped when the doll disappeared.

6. DogLover

DogLover New Member

I agree with you that animals can see what humans can't see. I have heard and encountered things like this quite often. There are things that we can never explain clearly.

I was hit by a car at age of 12. I was in coma for three days. And, I saw myself lying on the bed in the hospital. The next thing I knew, I woke up.

7. Jody

Jody New Member

This is something that I came across when I did a google search, funny thing was, I wasn't even searching for this.... :? :shock:

GHOSTLY ANIMALS
    All cultures in the Hawaiian Islands attribute animals with supernatural powers.
    The Hawaiians viewed animals as ancestral guardian figures. Animals could change into human form and like the Greek and Roman legends intermingle with humans. In the Hawaiian universe, many of the animal tales had to do with the creatures of the sea.

Other ethnic groups brought in their own views but because these islands lacked many of the Asiatic ,European and American animals, their animal tales slowly atrophied. In its place were primarily the Hawaiian viewpoints.

Most common of these animal tales have to do with sharks, large fish, crustaceans, eels, and the countless smaller fish of both the land and the sea. On land the Hawaiian emphasized the three mammals brought with them; the dog, the pig and the rat:

Dog
    A large white dog appears on the road in front of a person who is driving somewhere. The dog grows in size until it reaches the size of a large horse. This happens in front of the individual. The dog does not attack, but sits and watches.

In some stories the dog snarls angrily, bares its teeth but does not attack. The message is a forewarning of impending danger to you: turn around and go back.

Similar stories predate the car as stories are found associated with people on horseback and even in prehistoric times when travelers were walking along a pathway.

Pig
    While hunting in the forest, the hunters saw a big black boar in front of them. The hunter's gun becomes jammed. The frustrated hunter continuously tries to clear his rifle but it just will not fire. The pig reappears and again the guns jammed.

The hunters immediately recognized that the pig was not a normal pig but was Kamapua'a, the Hawaiian demigod who lives in the rainforests of these islands. All the hunters retreated recognizing that the pig-god is protecting its kin. (Jim Palmeira).

Rat
    When a rat crosses Puhi Road in Lihu'e, from left to right, the animal gets bigger and turns into a ghost and disappears. [This is the same motif as the ghost-dog but altered by a predominantly Filipino plantation population.]

Owl
    A man went to catch frogs at Anini. While frogging, he saw a beautiful bird. As he watched the bird changed into a small pig. Now excited, he quickly tried to spear the pig, but missed. The pig grew bigger and bigger and then changed into a huge white owl. Hunters and Foragers seeking food in the forest often tell of encountering animals that change their shape and disappear. This story has a Hawaiian base in the motif of changing shapes and the use of two traditional ancestral animals of the pig and the owl.
    Recorded by K. Williams Fall.75 Class .

Frogs
    Two boys went to Wailua River to catch frogs. They came across a big white frog. The boys were told not to spear it. They tried anyway. The spear hit the frog, the frog screamed like a woman and the boys now frightened, ran away. They came back to the same site where they left all their tools and bag of caught frogs. The sack of frogs were now only filled with stones. Recorded by K. Williams. Fall.75 class. Site of story was at the Wailua River.

Horses
    A person who loved to fish went home after fishing. He walked through a pasture during a moonlight night. The person could hear the sound of approaching horses. He stood still as the sound got louder and eventually passed him and continued on. But, he saw no horses go by, only the sound. Recorded by Ernest Dela Cruz Fall.76 class.

Three brothers were walking home around 8:00 pm. They heard horses coming so they stepped to the side of the road. They heard the horses but none could be seen. Recorded by Jim Palmeira Fall.78 class

Centipede
    While hunting in the Moloa'a to Anahola mountain area, the hunter found an old bottle in which a very large centipede exited. Excited the hunters drew away. One of the hunters said that this was an omen. The area must be a heiau [a Hawaiian temple]. If the centipede walked away from you it meant things were OK, if the centipede walked toward you, then things would go bad. Recorded by Jim Palmeira Fall .78 class.

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

Ok I had to stop reading, I am sitting here all alone in this old house that many people hid in in WWII and I always worry about ghosts and stuff. So I will wait until My bf comes home before I finish I had to stop hal way through GinaH's!! I have had some pretty scary stuff as a kid. I'll tell ya when I am not so alone. I am a big chicken!

9. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

OK, I'll tell you all something my husband and I have only ever told my sister in law. My 4 year old Nicholaus, has had a re-occuring dream for the past 2 years that is virtually always the same, when it differs it is only because there are new details to it. He can only ever tell u s about it when he FIRST wakes up and is still kinda out of it. He starts by telling us he had a bad dream. We are always careful to only ask him basic questions and never suggest an answer to him. I ask what the dream was about and he tells me that the bad guys in planes are shooting at him again. I ask him where he is and he tells me that he is on the big boat with guns. I ask him what he is doing and he says he is shooting a big gun up at the planes in the sky. I ask how many planes there are and he says that it looks like a lot of bats in the sky. I ask him if he is scared and he says he is because he got hurt and he's bleeding and he just wants to go home but the bad guys in the planes won't let him go. I ask him why and he tells me cause their boss won't let them either. Then he tells me that the bats are falling out of the sky and they have to get off of the boat now. I ask him what happens next and he says I don't know I'm not on the boat anymore and I gotta go see the doctor now. Last time he added that the planes had red and black on them. My husband and I are torn between being facinated and totally freaked out whenever he tells us about this dream. We always try and remain as non chalant as possible and act like its no big deal that he is telling us this. But, this story has never changed. Weird huh?

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I don't know enough about history. Do you think it's a future event or he is reliving a "past life" or something?

One speculation in that book "The Field" was that the low-level energy that is everywhere actually records everything that has ever happened - it has to do with quantum physics and waves being able to "store" information (like radio waves carry the audio info your radio decodes so you can hear it). Anyway, one person hypothesized that people don't actually reincarnate, but some who are more in touch with the energies surrounding them can pick up info about people who lived before.

Jamiya

11. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I'm not sure Jamiya. I've asked him, who are you in your dream, thinking he'd say Superman or something, but he gets really frustrated and says "I'm Nick mommy!" I asked him if he can see the other planes in the sky and he told me this last time that he could see that they had black and red spiders painted on them. I also asked where he got hurt and he told me in the head and the arm. If I ask too many questions he will sometimes get really agitated and tell me he does not want to talk about it anymore.

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hmmm, black and red spiders. Nazi? Interesting.

Jamiya

13. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I don't know if you believe in reincarnation, but I do. I think your son is definitely having some past life memories. It happens a lot with children. I remember when I was very young, my family was on summer vacation... we went to an exhibit at a museum on Victoria, B.C. Canada . My family went to a lot of those sort of things when I was young, and it was interesting, but nothing too exciting. But this one was different. It was an exhibit of artifacts and displays about the regions coastal native indians. There was something overwhelming I felt from the minute I walk in there. And when I started looking at things from one tribe in particular, I remember feeling "I know this.... I've been with these things, and lived this life before" I ws just a young kid, but the feeling was one I'll never forget. I knew from that moment on, I had a connection from the past with those people. It may sound corny, but I swear it was such an overwhelming feeling, I can't even explain it.

14. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

At first my husband thought it might be the Japanese sun, but, he said they were always red and Nick says these are black and red. So, Chris thought it might be Nazi too. We haven't shown him any pictures or anything. We love History Channel PBS, etc., so I just keep waiting till there is a special on and see what Nick does when he sees the planes. He caught the end of a WWII special recently and did not budge from the tv in the kitchen, he just froze staring at the tv. I asked what was wrong and just kind of looked at me blank and walked out of the kitchen. I went after him and he just started playing again.

15. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Asdmom: that is how I felt walking thru the places I explained in my earlier post. Very sad.
    Sarge, Just yesterday on unsolved mysteries I saw something pertaining to what your son is going thru. The kids are almost always very young. It almost sounds exact. Try asking whay his name is right when he awakes from his dream. You may find out more by getting a name and seeking out the history of that person. Thats what they did with the 5 year old on t.v. This boy said he was hurt and killed. And was speaking of war.
    I'm glad you said something about this, I've been wondering about popping in the question of reincarnation or past lives. Sometimes I wonder if I had one. My husband tells me he thinks I should have been born at another time. With my thinking sometimes.

Just wondering, was Nick named after anyone in your family that had been to war in the past and had passed away. I have heard sylvia brown say that you can come back as a passed relative

16. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

(insert spooky theme music here) puttin510- Yes, Nick was named after his great great grandfather. I don't know if he participated in any conflicts though. I always try and ask him right away what his name was and he always says Nick. I asked him the last time if he meant Nicholuas and shook his head emphatically NO, my name is Nick. My sister in law saw some show on this too and that is why she is the only one we have told. Just seems so strnage. I know exactly what you mean about feeling that pull. My family is Scottish and French (Scottish part immigrated to America and landed in New Orleans and settled in the French Quarter). And I have a TOTALLY conservative uncle who has a similar dream to my own that we both have had since we were each little. I am in the French Quarter and I can smell the flowers and humidity and I know that I live there. I see docks and people all around. Nothing strange happens, I am just seeing everything and smelling it. I still have a HUGE amount of relatives in Scotland and if see anything on Scotland, read, hear ANYTHING, I am instantly pulled in and I get this physical, totally real home sick feeling in my stomache and my heart just aches. I have a few other, again, totally conservative relatives who will admit that they go through the same thing. I have my Scottish grandfathers chair in my house now and I grew up with his burr and our families coat of arms hanging on the wall.

17. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

My family comes from Ireland , England and france. I have longings to be there too. I've had dreams of me trying get there literally walking and climbing mountains and cliffs. There has got to be something to all of this. I totally believe you on this.

18. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I believe anyone now! If it hadn't happened to us I probably would not. My sister in law knows this past life regression psychologist and she wants us to take Nick and wants me to go too. I don't know about it yet. I have only recenlty began to even talk about it out in the open (except in front of a million people on the web I guess!)

19. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

If you know this person to be a well qualified expert, and you know people who can reccomend their services, I say give it a try, if Nick is up to it. I think it would be exciting to learn about something like that.

20. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

pamr61- I know this person is a real Dr. I would go first before I let Nick go. We have just been so careful not to make him feel like something is strange about what he is saying/feeling, etc. and I would not want anyone to "suggest" anything to him about his "dream", ya know? I told my husband that I am afraid one morning I will find Nick sitting on top of the kitchen table trying to fly our toaster like B-52 bomber in his sleep! :lol: