1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs and Ghosts

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by StormyWinter, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

rene: What about asking a priest or pastor to come over and bless the room. I know in my city they do it. My great grandmother (Catholic) had us get her priest to come over and bless her house when we moved her. That might make him feel like something was accomplished and we only had to donate something to church for his time.

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

I didn'T realize you had kids jamiya? anyway I think that is a funny idea to hire a fake to come in, but what if it angers the ghost? Maybe you could switch him rooms for a while or sleep with him in his room? maybe put up garlic and crosses and silverbullets and stuff? That keeps away bad stuff, I saw it in a movie once! just kidding!

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Yes, I'm an old woman. I have a 12-year-old son and a 10-year-old daughter. :)

4. Rene

Rene New Member

LMAO lil96 he does have a "dream" catcher in his as well as i do and sarges mom although we beleive in god we do not belong to any church so i dont think a pastor would be willing to do that but i will check it out. My book keeper here at work is very reglious and as i said i was having a real hard time at the begining of this year she gave me some holy water so i could bless my house which i did one night after everyone was asleep. i walked around and thru the water and said prayers. Humm maybe i woke up what ever it is in his room cuz this happened like 2 weeks after the holy water i didnt think about that till right now. I have told him lots of times what ever it is is not going to hurt you or it would have already he says he knows but he cant stand something in his room.

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

A priest would not care that you don't go to church, I don't think. Or at least not a good one. They are always willing to help people - probably hoping to win converts :)

6. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

rene: This probably sounds weird, but there are religions that are not quite so strict about your belonging to their church, etc., for them to come out and do that for you. Talk to your friend and work and see what she thinks. My aunt did this same thing for her daughter (9) when she was afraid to sleep in her room and believe it or not, it worked!

7. Rene

Rene New Member

I will talk to our bookkeeper here and see what she thinks or maybe the Father of her church. I really just want someone to expalin to him that it is not going to hurt him and he should be glad he has someone looking out for him. I have not talked to him about it for about a month now so i think when i go home tonight him and i will have a chat about it and see what he says now

8. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

Jamiya, I would be the one the poster on the other forum was so rabid about~ seems I simply brought out the best in her. :wink:

Storm, it's so nice to see such postivie responses to your question! You well know, I believe that animals are far more sensitive than humans when it comes to the natural world around us. It's reassuring to see that we're not alone in this belief.

9. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

pyrmom- The very best thing about this board is that if the members do not agree on something, everyone's opinion is still respected and ackowledged. Very mature and appreciated! So glad you are all here now! :eek: And I WANT your dogs!!!!!!!!!

10. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

I see that everyone is treated with respect and really appreciate it.

As for my dogs, there are days I'd be happy to let them go visit someone else for a while!

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Right and the best time would be brushing time huh, for such a big'un. He is very pretty.

12. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

I just posted pictures of all three of my wonderful beasties on this thread
    http://www.auspet.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... c&start=15

Talk about things going bump in the night! Twice now this crew has started up at about 2 in the morning for reasons apparent only to themselves and refused to go out of the bedroom. You'd be amazed at the racket 2 fully grown and 1 4 month old Pyr can make when they're setting the alarm at 2 in the morning!

13. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

They are pretty. I like white dogs too. I bet nobody will ever think of trying to break into your home knowing they are there.

14. rio_and_me

rio_and_me New Member

YES i firmly belive in ghosts, and deathly scared of them so i dont blam you son in the slightest for not wanting to sleep in his room.
    I have only ever seen one ghost of a dog we used to own in our old house, i dont rember the dog untill i saw him in the field and told mum there was a dog up there running, she told me it was our dog that worked the flock and thats were he was buried, i belive he was working the flock when i saw him just that once.

Also i think (almost certain) our dog beth cant sense/see ghosts, because her old owner (dead now) used to complain that the dog would bark inthe night looking up the stairs (she got that she couldnt get upstairs so she sleep down stairs)(the owner) at certain times of the night but nothing was there, then when her sons stop staying over we found out that one of them had seen a ghost of a lady during the night at the top of the landing looking down the stairs.
    Luckly for me beth has never barked in the night or at nothing whislt she has been with us, it reasures me that we are ghost free.

Cornwall where i live is a known huanted area.
    Ky