1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Egyptian Mow (?) & Bengle cross breed cats?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by lucidity03, Sep 17, 2004.

1. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

My friend rescued three kittens a few months ago. She says that they are some sort of newer breed (Egyptian Mow (?) & Bengle cross breed) - she's desperately trying to find homes for them because the people she lives with are allergic. Apparently a woman who breeds those types of cats didn't like how these three kittens turned out, so she dumped them. :(

Anyhow, my husband is on the verge of giving in and adopting one of these kitties.

So, I was looking for information on the breed and any information you guys may know. I know a couple people here have bengles and I know very little of their traits.

Anyone have any info? Thanks!

2. vene

vene New Member

3. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Thanks for the info! I'm very interested in getting one. Their personalities sound great! My friend said that these cats could go for $1,000 and I didn't believe her (until reading those articles). I can't believe someone would throw out the cats just because they weren't perfect (even if they were regular domestic cats that aren't any breed - how can you discard any living creature?)

I asked my friend to email me a picture of the kitties. I'm very excited to see what they look like (my friend lives out of state so I don't see her often in person any more).

I bet I can convince my husband into one more. He said last night... "IF (big IF) I let you get one more cat, you have to promise not to ask for one until our numbers dwindle down a little" - I can understand that. If we got anothe cat, it would be #5. I think that's a good place to stop (even though I want to save them all).

4. vene

vene New Member

5. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Thank you so much for taking your time to point me in some directions. I really hope it will work out. I'm still waiting for my friend to get back to me.

I certainly won't mind if the cat is higher maintenance. We already brush our current cats and constantly play with them.

All of my cats aren't any specific breed (and of course they're my kids and I love them to death). But, I have to say, the markings on some of these cats are just beautiful. And, I think that type of personality will mesh in wonderfully with my family.

6. vene

vene New Member

Now that my toddler is asleep I can yak. :eek: I love Bengals. Never knew what one was until we found Rene. Bengals are very social, inquisitive, have water fetishes, and basically acts 100% like a child/toddler. They are easy to harness train too if you're going that route. I'm sure that when Lynn is ready she'll have lots to say about her Max and then some. :p You won't be disappointed. I love their pelts- so soft and almost water-proof. Rene doesn't require a lot of grooming but she likes to jump in when I'm grooming the gang. In fact, she jumps in at everything we do. Just yesterday she even let my toddle place an action figure on her back. It was hilarious. She's so good natured. Can't believe no one adopted/bought her for 5 months of her life. :shock:

A lot of times, breeders will ditch their "imperfect" stock because the temperament is not right, or the coloring and rosettes, etc. are not just right for showing. It's sad. By the way, of all my kitties, I'm the least allergic to Rene. I'm glad I found her and that she gets along great with the entire household. She did give me a couple of deep scratches that formed keloids. They will dig in deep when they are jealous, or mad about something. You really have to watch their signals. Overall she's very sweet and is well worth it! I hope your friend contact you soon. Oh boy, can't wait to see the new pics of all your cats!

7. vene

vene New Member

8. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Vene, thank you so much for all the time you took to post about the kitties. The more I read, the more I really, really want one of these beauties.

I don't want to get my hopes up, though. Out of all times for my friend to take her good old time to get back to me - she does it now. Usually she's back in contact with me right after I leave a message with her. Then again, my area and surrounding states are dealing with major flood situations, so I don't know if she has other things to worry about right now. (We just came out of it with a wet basement, luckily).

But, the more I read about these cats, the more I want one. But, if getting one from my friend falls though, I don't know how I'd get one. We usually rescue cats from shelters and have never gone the breeder route. We would rather save a cat even though it would be tempting to pay for one of the Bengals. So, my friend having one to give away would've been perfect (since the cat needed adopted).

Oh well, hopefully I'll hear from her soon. (My husband and I got the itch for a new cat either way, we walked around a couple animal shelters today and played with all the cats. But, we were good and are trying to hold off!)

9. vene

vene New Member

10. vene

vene New Member

Everyone needs a Bengal. I just took this pic of baby and Rene. Rene is in 7th heaven hanging out and getting petted by the boys. The baby's Jango Fett toy gun is not pointing at Rene, it's underneath her and off to the side. Hey kids, never point a toy gun at any cats.
    [​IMG]

11. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi lucidity!!

sheesh.... :oops: do you think it took me long enough to post???

well...the truth is, i started a post a couple of days back...then got interrupted and had to close out without finishing...

vene...you are truly amazing :y_the_best: ...you never cease to amaze me with the number of links and resources you have. i think she types at the speed of sound ... :shock:

well...of course...i love bengal cats. :kiss_heart: i mean...i dont just like them alot...i TOTALLY LOVE bengal cats. max drives me bananas though...all the time. he is into everything...he now puts his little mousie in the toilet....before...it went in my coffee cup, pudding, broccoli, his water bowl, his food bowl...everywhere he goes, he takes it with him...now...(uh hem)...the (whisper) toilet :oops:

his newest thing is....he has learned how to manipulate the butter container. :roll: he takes his little paws, puts them on either side of the container...and pulls the top off with his mouth. and believe me...it is a split second!!! repeatedly....over...and over...and over...and...over.... :shock:

he is not a cat...i just know he is not a real cat. i think he acts more like a toddler than a cat. mikey...hes a cat. :m27: ..max...not a cat. [-X definitely...not a cat.

water...he comes in the shower sometimes...runs when the water is turned on.

he is very very loving...he loves me...and he loves mikey. but he is a little baby...not....a cat.... :wink:

he is...[​IMG]

a BENGAL!!!!!

12. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Thanks, lynnhaz. Those markings are beautiful!! What a cute cat! (By the way, I do think Vene has some sort of unnatural power to type at the speed of light and come up with links out of nowhere!)

I still haven't heard from my friend. However, my husband and I may go and look at Bengal / Maine Coon kittens this weekend. I found out that there are kittens within an hour drive from here. So, we may take a look at the little ones and maybe come home with one. I don't know how I did it, but I got my husband excited about the idea of getting a Bengal mix (or some sort) and he was disappointed that I didn't hear from my friend.

So, we'll see where this goes!

My cats need a kitten to get them into mischief. I know all their tricks!

13. vene

vene New Member

Is someone talking about me? I just sneezed and my ear lobes are itchy! :mrgreen: My nickname was "Speedy" from my old school days. :shock: It's coming back to haunt me! :0017: :m39: Hope you find a Bengal this weekend! :m10:

14. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hee hee hee vene. just lobes? not the whole ear? hee hee hee btw....i thought it was "burning" not..."itching"!!! :p :roll:

15. vene

vene New Member

Ok, burning, itching, partial ear, whole ear, same difference. :mrgreen:

16. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

lol :0017: :m39:

17. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

:lol: Sneezing? Doesn't an itchy nose mean you're going to kiss a fool?

18. vene

vene New Member

No, in the Asian culture, sneezing and burning ears mean someone is talking behind your back. Is going to kiss a fool an American thing? :0011:

19. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:shock: oh dear...never heard of that one....better give that one some thought!!! :p

20. vene

vene New Member

How did the itcy nose get in there? :0017: :m39: