1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

el cheapo pet food

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by kyles101, May 11, 2004.

1. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

a was looking for some top quality salmon and tuna for pheobes birthday [imaginary date shared with my dog] and mum was talking about phebes as we were looking. a lady walked past and she said 'wow is that for your cat? she must be spoilt rotten' 'she sure is!' i said. i then passed her in the pet isle where i picked up one of the more expensive brands of canned food and whiskas top dry food. 'wow they MUST be lucky, i just buy whatever is on special' .... boy id hate to be those cats. corn must be a very interesting diet, not. its a shame that most people dont know about whats in pet foods, especially cheap ones. apart from word of mouth i wish there was something more that could be done to inform people about what they are feeding their pets. if people knew, im pretty sure they wouldnt be feeding their pets cheapo foods.

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOl Kyles. That was a funny story. :mrgreen: I know what you mean about people not being educated on quality foods. You know what the worst part is? Most crappy food like IAMS and Science Diet are recommended by vets! My vet even confided in me that he didn't learn anything about quality foods for animals while in school. He actually had to buy a bunch of books and read up on it himself (that's what I did). That's so ironic as we are what we eat and if you want your pets to be healthy they have to eat quality food.

3. vene

vene New Member

Quality pet food is important in maintaining a healthy and happy pet. I had no idea until I stumbled on this site. I was feeding my kitties Iams and my cats were addicted to them. Yes, that's what our vet recommendec and I thought vets are trustworthy. With the new and improved pet food, my cats not only look healthier, they are happier. Monty Boy has less dander and his fur is not falling out as much. Milo lost weight and he looks very handsome. Rene looks great and I have yet to convince Pumpkin to eat more soft foods. At least she likes Wellness, Chicken soup, Innova and whatever good hard foods that are on sale. They are also affordable if I spend less money on junk foods like soda and chips!

4. dolly

dolly New Member

I don't think that a lot of people realize that in the long run you probably end up saving money when you buy quality food because you feed less, use less kitty litter and the cats/dogs are healthier = less vet costs! My kitties have been on Nutro Natural Choice for years and it seems to work well for them, touch wood.

5. nern

nern New Member

When I first got my pets I was clueless about food. I started them out on Purina puppy chow and Purina cat chow simply because it was a brand that was well known.

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I went to the pet supply shop after work and I was taking a look at all the different pet foods. I also read the ingredients label for Hills Science Diet to see if they have made any changes to their food. Guess what the first two ingredients are in all of their food? 1st: chicken by-products, 2nd: Corn!. :shock: A quality food would have the first few ingredients as some kind of meat with no by-products and no corn. I call Hills Science Diet: Hills Science Fiction Diet.