1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Every Fish owners worst nightmare

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Ok, so my bro gets his 10g, and i get a 10g same time. I dont have a filter for mine cuz it just 5 pieces of glasss, so he gives me the PetCetera filter that came with his. Now this filter is HORRIBLE, it dont realy filter the water, all it does is put water through some mild carbon. So anyway the lil protector that prevents fish from getting sucked up is so tightly woven that a fish egg couldnt get throgugh it which realy slowed down the filter.

So i take it off knowing my fish is too big to get sucked up (thats back when i had the betta in there). Betta was moved out and 2 swords and a molly were moved in. Now alll the fish are still to big to get in so i dont worry. Still My male sword tail (almost 3 inches) Got sucked up! He got mutalated in the propeler.

What is wrong with me? I cant keep any sword tails alive! Every other fish is fine but i cant keep sword tails! I Lost 2 of em to a cat and 1 got sucked into a filter, i got 1 left. I love sword tails, they one of my favorite fish, i love trying to breed them and i especialy love their tails.

Sad story :( pray for the last sword tail.

AND all this happened when i went out to go get more fish for that tank!

2. M_wm

M_wm New Member

If it makes u feel any better it was probably dead or really dumb to not swim away from the current

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

would have had to be curious, he was always the bravest, 1st to check out new things