1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

"Exact" food question (budgie)

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by daisy0802, Apr 24, 2005.

1. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

I bought my budgie "exact" food. It is very expensive ($6.00 for 2 pounds) but it's supposed to be a lot better. she doesn't seem to be eating it and I'm following the "switch" method to change from seed to pellets. (exact) what can I do so she will eat it and when she does do I only have to give her a tiny bit of other foods?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

What i do if switching foods is mix it with there normal diet after a couple of days i gradually remove more of the old diet until i eventually have them on the new stuff, This can take time but its worth it to have them on something better.

You could also try getting her to eat fruits and vegtables this then will also become part of her diet. Milllet spray is also good form of nutrients and birds thrive off it but can make a great deal of mess with the husks.

Take it slow and see how things progress.
    Mike

3. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

she doesn't like any fruits i give her but she does like dandelion leaves. is it ok to give her spinach leaves and kale? (the curly kind)

4. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

oh yeah and if she never gets to like fruit will she still die of malnutrition if she just eats dandelion, kale and spinach? (they do have a lot of vitamin C in them after all).

5. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

once again i forgot something else...LOL. I saw on one of your posts a link to good foods for cockatiels. is that list for budgies as well?

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

7. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

what about my other post?

8. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Birds need a proper seed diet aswell as fruit and vegtables.
    Some birds never eat fruit and veg but with persistance they soon learn its edible and good for them.

If She never eats fruit or veg do not worry too much aslong as she has a good quality seed she will be fine.

Mike

9. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

at least she likes dandelion and spinach! :mrgreen: I will try to get her to other food too.