1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Feeders

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

My feeder guppies aren't breeding as crazy as I thought they would from their reputation, so I have decided to breed some other type of feeder that breeds easy and produces a good amount of offspring (not convicts), cause I went to the lfs and the ppl there don't know a whole lot. Any suggestions?

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

What about fancy guppies? Platties are another option, I've also heard that white cloud mountain minnows are insanely easy to breed and that they never stop.

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Fancy are very pretty though. It would seem like a waste, but, what is the difference between breeding fancies and feeders? Platties breed a lot?! Are you serious? Also, I would try the minnow, but I doubt my lfs carries them.

4. tina1

tina1 New Member

No difference except that the fancies have more fry I believe. Platties breed like crazy from what I've heard! They can have just as many babies as guppies but are much hardier and don't seem to have as many problems delivering the fry.

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I have my feeder guppies, in a rubbermaid container with gravel, plants and a filter, would the fancy guppies and/or the platies be able to survive in this like the feeders? Which feeders or fish would?

6. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

dont know any fish that could live in that type of tank...

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It's really not that much different than the stock tanks that a lot of breeders use. I don't see a problem with it.

-Chelle

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

So, does that mean that I could use the fancies and the platties?

9. tina1

tina1 New Member

You sure could so long as it stays at the right temp between 78-80, which means you'll probably need a heater if you don't already have one in there.