1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Finally Setting Up the 90 Gallon

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tyler_medeiros, Jan 3, 2006.

1. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

yea i have called alot of the local glass stores that do windows and car windows and i think $75 was one of the cheapest. I've been looking around at different hardware stores and i cant really find anything thick enough to act as a lid. I can only find thin plexiglass whick is to flexible.

2. tyler_medeiros

How would a couple convicts get along in the tank with some other dither fish.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

1/8" glass (which, I believe, is pretty standard) should be plenty thick enough for a lid. That's how thick the lids on my tanks are.

-Chelle

4. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Standard 1/8" glass is only DSB or double strength. It is brittle and breaks rather easily with sharp edges when it breaks. If you get 1/8" plate glass it will still need to be cut professionally which can get expensive.
    With the plexiglass you can cut 2 strips the same dimensions and laminate them together with silicon. Once they have cured you can mount the strip running from the corner in the back to the center front of the tank at the top to support the lightweight plexiglass top. Silicon this strip just below the inside lip of the top molding. The reason this strip needs to be siliconed in rather than just resting on the lip is due to expansion once water is added to the tank.

5. tyler_medeiros

I dont understand what to do with the strip from the back to the front.

6. tyler_medeiros

How many convicts can live peacefully in the tank.
    I would also like to put some other dither fish.

7. tyler_medeiros

Got the Stand almost welded up and the hood almost cut. I got the PLexiglass cut and strengthened and the tank is finally coming together.
    Im finishing the stand this weekend and hopefully finishing up the tank setup next weekend.
    Cant wait to see the results.