1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Finally the 55 gallon

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by sleeper, Apr 11, 2005.

1. sleeper

sleeper New Member

Hey all!

So that obsession I have with a discuss tank led me to bid on a 55 on eBay, which I won this weekend. It was great, the guy threw in the stand, the heater the filters, food, treatments, plus the tank itself for $102.

So, thanks Chelle, for the eBay advice. But here's the problem. He had a tankful of community fish. I transported them to my house in the back of a pickup truck and EVERY ONE of them survived. Mollies, swordtails, goramis, platies, cory cats, a MASSIVE pleco... but there are several fish I can't identify. Maybe someone here will know.

1) a school of orange ones, about 2" long, with big black dots near the tail, black fins. The males have elongated dorsals. Something about them reminds me of barbs, but they aren't any barbs I've ever seen.
    2) a pair of yellow, 2" fish that don't look entirely differnt from the last ones. They also have black dots near the tail. Greenish tint around the eyes and a big red "blush" mark on the cheeks.
    3) large (3-5") black&white fish with huge, "fancy" fins and tails. White/grey bodies wirth black stripes running down the face and torso.

Any ideas? This obviously changed my discus/ghost knife/angel fish plans, but that's life. How could I break up such a beautiful community??

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

are you able to post pictures of the fish on here?

3. sleeper

sleeper New Member

Yes, I'll have get some digital pics later this evening after work.

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

you might be able to sell them as one