1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

First snow of the season- many pics!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by goob, Jan 21, 2005.

1. goob

goob New Member

Sorry for the poor quality, I need a decent pic editing program :?

First, the little dogs...

Annie looking a bit perturbed at the reminder of the seasons
    [​IMG]

Casey looking like a wooly mammoth :lol:
    [​IMG]

Rotating for the dry ground for "facilities" :roll:
    [​IMG]

Joey looking less than impressed with the snow
    [​IMG]

Casey and Joey looking on as Annie plays
    [​IMG]

Headed on back
    [​IMG]

Hot dog zoomies
    [​IMG]

More zoomies (ya think she was excited?)
    [​IMG]

Finally, Case got the hint (Joey wasn't moving anymore than he had to, he's a warm weather critter)
    [​IMG]

Next was Haley...

"Uhhhh... where's the grass? You know, that green stuff... that I pee on... graaaasssss..."
    [​IMG]

"Bwahahaha.... I am the great white hunter in my great white home!"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a flyaway ear day, as you can see
    [​IMG]

She kept eating the snow, then sneezing from it getting up her nose :D
    [​IMG]

I believe this may have been brain freeze here, she stopped eating snow and just stood for about 15 seconds before moving on :roll:
    [​IMG]

Snow zoomies
    [​IMG]

To the water
    [​IMG]

Wondering if something was going to jump up and eat her
    [​IMG]

Finally she worked up the nerve to check it out
    [​IMG]

Before running away
    [​IMG]

And finally Goo

First on the agenda was a good shake, keeping the couch from darting out of the house can be a heavy task, and she needed to loosen up
    [​IMG]

Checking out the yard
    [​IMG]

And of course, the candid Goo snow zoomies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They all have to look at the water, it's like a ritual in winter... check water to see if it's "stiff" or normal
    [​IMG]

Our trip was cut short when a friend came to visit and Goo dragged me up the yard to greet them
    [​IMG]

That's all for now, we're supposed to get a bigger snow this weekend though :mrgreen:

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Great photos! Nala would love a nice snow, but the weather is not obliging. Apparently we got 9 inches over Thanksgiving when we were gone, but nothing but ice since then. Ice is not as fun. :|

Talk about zoomies, though. I brought the dogs to the oh-so-muddy dog park yesterday afternoon and they spent 90 minutes with the zoomies. They came home totally caked in mud (and so was I). After baths and laundry, they flopped over and were still the rest of the night. 8)

One of these days I will bring the video camera to the park to record the zoomies.

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

luv all of the pics. they are having so much fun Goob, Is this their first snow? and what is a zoomie?

honeybear

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

"Zoomies" is where they dash around crazily, like ZOOM!

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

hehe, luv it, zoomies, Wylie was doing snow zoomies on Sun. she was sooo fast, I cant believe how much a short hair dog loves the snow. She has to go off the packed trail and into the the 3 ft drifts and just bounces thru them

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Nala likes to cram her head in snow banks. We haven't had a good snow since we got Bonnie so I don't know what her opinion of it will be. She gets colder than Nala and typically seeks out warm places whereas Nala likes the cold, but so far Bonnie doesn't seem that bothered by freezing cold and ice.

7. nern

nern New Member

Great pictures Goob! I just love watching dogs play in the snow. :D

8. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Hey Goob--Your Annie looks like my Zoey!! See:

[​IMG]

9. goob

goob New Member

Thanks everybody :)

Coppersmom, they do look a lot alike. How old is your girl? Annie just turned 7 this month, so I joke that she's prematurely gray :lol:

10. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Zoey turned 9 in September. I say she's prematurely grey too! Then I started saying she has highlights! She'd much rather be an only child...so it's probably stress!