1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Fish In Demand

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Does anyone know a bunch of fish that lfs always want and will take at a fair price?

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

umm for me its usually pacus but only once in awhile other then that i would say clown loaches.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Pacus? I don't think so.

If you're thinking about fish to breed, it's best to just ask your LFS's.

-Chelle

4. OneWolvesDream

yup, our store asks for them once in awhile. About every other month.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

They shouldn't even be selling them in the first place, IMO. It's very common for people to get them then realize they can't house it properly and can't find anyone to take them. A lot of zoos & aquariums will refuse to take them because they're already overrun with pacus that have been dumped off on their doorstep.

-Chelle

6. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Yeah the Petsmart by me takes Convicts, Green Terrors, Red Belly Pacus, and Arowanas without thinking twice (except with convicts).

7. OneWolvesDream

Ours have 5 right now, they sell fast and usually have to restock often.

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Did you mean they convicts quickly? OH yeah, OneWolf, I like your avatar.

9. OneWolvesDream

lol, thanks.

10. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Isnt that star Fox?

11. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

look like that to me

12. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Now that brings back memories, I still have the Starfox64 cartridge for Nintendo 64, I haven't played the new version on Gamecube yet though.

13. OneWolvesDream

Yup, it is, but i got it cause i thought it looked cool. lol.

14. Nameless

Nameless New Member

And it does!

15. Nameless

Nameless New Member

And it does! :eek:

16. OneWolvesDream

lol, thanks. it looks alot better then my last one.

17. flyguy

flyguy New Member

If you have a really big tank then you could go for some red tailed catfish they are fairly rare and will fetch about 50 bucks retail for one that is only 3 or 4 inches long. you need at least a 250 gallon to bread though. check then out online they are awsome.

18. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

No, don't get red tailed catfish. They get well over 4' long. You would need a tank that's at least 4' x 8'. And if it where 3' tall, that would be over 700 gallons needed to house just one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Chelle

19. OneWolvesDream

:shock: that is a cool fish, though i dont think any stores would want to take one in when it is big, remember fish grow fast and not all stores will want them.

20. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I thought you were talking about the redtailed shark. I though you guys said that the redtailed shark is really a catfish. Oh well, does matter, I guess they are two species under two different names.