1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

fishing

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by gr8fuljames, Mar 27, 2004.

?

to cringe or not to cringe

1. to cringe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. not to cringe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gr8fuljames

gr8fuljames New Member

Does anyone else cringe when someone mentions fishing. I didn't used to in fact iI would go fishing quite often as a kid but now since I have kept fish as pets I can't even think about it let alone do it. :cry: Anyways just wanted to know if I was the only weird one.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It doesn't really bother me. In fact, and I may get flamed for this, if I actually liked the taste of fish and someone offered me oscar, I'd try it. Of course I wouldn't even think about eating my own fish.

-Chelle

3. Hooben

Hooben New Member

I always catch and release when I go fishing. I prefer to eat fish that I buy from the store (usually orange roughy). :roll:

While on the pier in Santa Monica, I did feel very sorry for a few stingrays that were accidentaly caught. I tried to help, but am still not sure if the rays survived the fall from the pier when they were released ...(about 25 feet). :-({|=

I do gross out when visiting Chinatown as they keep their fish to eat in tanks. You pick out the fish you want, and they cook it. To me, it would be too disgusting to eat a fish from an aquarium. :shock:

My daughter always wants to buy and release all of the lobsters at the supermarket. :mrgreen:

4. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

the only fishing i do is with Captain Highliner in the frozen food section at the grocerystore.

5. Science

Science New Member

:eek: :eek: I LOVE FISHING! :eek: :eek:

:0020:

6. tina1

tina1 New Member

Hmmm.... I can almost smell the salmon baking right now, making me hungry! And the halibut... tasty... No seriously, I used to fish w/ my dad all the time as a kid and we'd usually eat what we caught. I can't image eating a fish that comes from an aquarium though! And the whole thing about putting lobsters and crabs into boiling water when they're alive turns my stomach! But fishing doesn't really bother me.

7. willieb18

willieb18 New Member

I ALSO LOVE FISHING

8. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

i fish all the time.... even though i dont eat fish everyone else that is around me seems tolove it i just like catching them.... seafood is nasty to me the smell of it being cooked makes my stomach turn...

9. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i love fishing to

10. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i also like to go fishing, but i throw back the fish everytime. i have gotta admit though, certain fish do taste good.

11. gr8fuljames

gr8fuljames New Member

I'm not saying I don't like to eat fish. I just can't catch them any more.

12. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi gr8fuljames, Although I rarely get time to do it I still love to go fishing. I'm the type who catches them and then throws them back. I just like the sport of it ( the man against nature thing, who's smarter me or the fish. Probably the fish.) One of my pet peaves is the person who catches fish puts them on a stringer, lets them die and doesn't use them as food. I can see fishing as a food source and as a sport but not the senseless waste of just letting them die. Each state here has fishing rules or guidelines that are structured in the best interest of the livestock. Fishing serves a useful purpose in that it allows for the thinning of the livestock. Without that thinning the fish become overly populate and overly aggressive and can actually deplete the population more than fishing would. That is why there are stipulations as to how many fish and what size fish you can take away with you. So, if you decide to go fishing consider the fact that you are actually most likely helping the fish population if you are taking them home as a food source. If not, throw them back or give them to someone who will eat them, but please don't just put them on a stringer to die.

13. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Fishing is fun and i love the lobsters from chinatown. YUMMY