1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Flowerhorn breeding

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by grnlemonade, Nov 25, 2004.

1. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well, i am now going to try to get 2 of my flowerhorns to breed....i will keep everyone updated on my progress...

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well, i have had them in a seperated tank for a few weeks now.....they never tried to fight and the male cleared a spot in the gravel, which seems to be an act of breeding......well, i updated the tank to a 100 gallon and put the male into it monday night. then i put the female in and watched them for a few minutes and they seemed to be interested in eachother, but i had to take her back out for the night because i had school the next day and didnt have time to watch them and make sure no fight happens.....today i am going to put the female back into the tank and watch what happens. Right now, the tank has a big clay bowl on the bottom for them to lay eggs in, if it comes to that. By the way, the 2 flowerhorn i am trying to breed are a male Blue Dragon ZZ, and a female Red Shock Kamfa.

3. tski22

tski22 New Member

Keep me posted on how the breeding is going. The male should be bigger than the female at all times the females become extremely aggressive during spawning and might attack the male.(this happend when i tried one time) Also, you want to buy a large, sturdy, clear divider. Keep them separated while your not there and then let them pair up that way. If they aren't overly aggressive with each other, you may have a pair, the eggs are laid, fertilized, and hatch..etc..etc good luck my friend. -tl

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Good Luck!

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

alrite, thanks.....the male is the biggest fish i have, but he is only about an inch bigger then her....im still going to try it out b/c tyhey arnt overly aggressive and she hasnt even charged at him yet.....do you have any FH experience?

6. tski22

tski22 New Member

i tried breeding them once but i had no luck and the female actually killed the male, i have a little experience though yes.

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

thats sic

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

How big are they?

-Chelle

9. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Good luck with breeding them, I saw you join up on CM :y_the_best:

10. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

T_chelle....right now the male is about 6" and the female is about 5"

so far, unsuccessful....im going to wait until; he gets bigger b/c when the female lays the eggs she gets really aggressive