1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

foods that cats can eat

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by heaven, Feb 26, 2007.

1. heaven

heaven New Member

my brother has quite afew cats....he was asking me today if i knew if it was ok to mix boiled chicken and fresh veggies in with their dry food

he knows i do that with my dog and she loves it and has had no problems with her tummy like she used to before i started cooking for her

can anyone give me some info on whether he can add fresh food to his cats dry food and if he can what kind of foods are ok for a cat to eat

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

why not add canned food...it's easier.
    But I would think boiled chicken and some veggies are fine as long as he continues with a quality dry food. But I'd find out what veggies are okay. I used to give my aging dog chicken w/kale on the advice of a holistic vet to aid in her urine ph...after awhile it got too acidic so I had to stop the kale. Human food alone doesn't offer the nutrients a cat needs so he'd need to continue with the dry (as you mentioned). I know my cats would LOVE getting chicken offered a lot - can't let them see this post LOL