1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Freckles Agility Progress

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Last night I discovered that Freckles would climb Mt. Everest for a chicken nugget. At the first class the trainer used some sort of cut up dog food that came in a big roll, Freckles liked it. Class 2 she used cheese, Freckles said that was OK. Last night she had a bag of chicken nuggets and Freckles went wild. I could hardly make him wait his turn to run an event. Nothing scared him. He charged through curved tunnels and even the chute. Only problem was I couldn't get him to leave the end of an event because he wanted to sniff out more chicken. :D

2. BXRchicProPit

BXRchicProPit New Member

Dear DukesDad,
    I have a boxer that is continuing her Obedience classes, but after we could call her "obedient" we are going to get involved in agility (we got her ILP papers the other day; I'm very happy about that). But at any rate, I'm curious what kind of chicken nuggets you guys used!
    Because Kaida will do ANYTHING for a really good treat!
    (the cut up dog food roll thing might have been Natural Balance Complete Dog Diet-that's what we've been using for all of her classes. Looks like a doggy summer sausage!).
    Anyhow... were they precooked and frozen then dethawed?
    We're they cooked and cut up at room temp?
    they weren't like McDonalds were they? (or were they?)

I'm curious about this! Thanks for any info!
    (we could not get her to go thru the shute (or whatever the technical term is) for the life of any of us at a puppy-play-day at class) :roll: :mrgreen:

3. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

BXRchicProPit
    The nuggets were roundish about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, pre-cooked and frozen. The trainer brought out the bag but I did not notice the brand. They were almost thawed but still cold when we started. I would break one up into four pieces to reward Freckles.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

One of the girls in our agility class used to stop at McDonald's on the way to class and buy chicken nuggets. It was the only way she could get her dog to stay on the teeter totter. Now her dog is a teetering pro! :)

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

A little off the subject, but speaking of Mc Donalds. Everytime we go somewhere Char wouldwhine and cry and make a fuss when she saw the big "M" at Mc Donalds. Daddy used to stop and get something and usually bought her a kids cheeseburger every tiem.... Smokey eventually caught on, but he doesn't do it anymore.....
    Talk about spoiled dogs. :roll:

6. BXRchicProPit

BXRchicProPit New Member

Thats pretty funny!

When we go to Outback Steakhouse, we (me and BF) both order the 9oz filet because neither of us can finish it with a salad and a cup of soup. so we intentionally order more than we can eat so we can take it home to "the baby".
    "The baby" has also eaten Morton's of Chicago's steak twice!
    Most people that I know haven't eaten Morton's before!
    spoiled spoiled spoiled! You're right! :wink:

And thanks for the "nugget-info", I'm going to talk to my trainer about using those when the time comes! :mrgreen:

7. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

What are ILP papers???? and what should Trixie know to prepare for her first class in spring?

8. BXRchicProPit

BXRchicProPit New Member

oh, i'm sorry 'bout that :oops:

We got Kaida from a BYB (she was a gift-so actually, my family got her for me from a BYB), partly due to that, she wasn't registered with the AKC and neither were either of her parents.

Long story short, a dog with no AKC registration can't compete in actual AKC events/sports (such as agility or obedience).
    You can send in pictures and some body-description info (that you fill out with AKC's forms) and they say "yeah, looks like a [boxer] to me."

They give you a number which is the ILP (or Indefinate Listing Privledge) and you are now able to compete in AKC events/sports (with the exclusion of conformation!!!)

this is good for dogs who came from a situation like mine, a rescue, a shelter and the like who's owners want them to get a "chance" at something fun.

That all. :mrgreen: