1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Fry

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Angle17, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Angle17

Angle17 New Member

Hi :)

My guppy just had 16 fry and she is still fat, But could anyone tell me anything i should know about fry this is my first time that any of my fish has been pregnant before, so i don't know this first thing what to do. I fed them crushed up flake.

Thank you

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

If the fry can actually eat the crushed flakes that'll be fine. Guppies can sometimes have their fry over a matter of hours or days. THey also save the sperm so even if the male is removed the female can have more fry in a month or so. Good luck, they're cute little guys!

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

All I ever did with my guppy fry (and even my african cichlid fry) is just feed them crushed versions of the adults' food. They've always done just fine with it.

-Chelle

4. sakda702

sakda702 New Member

feed them crush flake and have lots of floting plant for them to hide

5. kristisanchez

kristisanchez New Member

I feed my fry crused flackes and some baby fry food. It is called First bites. My fry are about 4 weeks old now and they are gettting so big.

Did she have any more fry ?? If so do you know how many she had total?

GOOD LUCK with your fry.

6. Angle17

Angle17 New Member

Yes she had one more fry, i have 17 frys now

7. kristisanchez

kristisanchez New Member

Cool 17. i am still waiting for my mom to have another batch of fry. I think it is getting close. she is acting so strange. I will let you know if we have any new arrivales.

Keep me posted on your fry please I love to hear about others experences.

8. kristisanchez

kristisanchez New Member

On Monday my mom had another batch of fry I have 9 now (This time She may of had them on the weekend and some may have been a snack :( . Well I still have 26 from the first batch, they turned 5 weeks when the second batch were born. About the storing of sperm THIS IS TRUE. MY MALE DIED RIGHT BEFORE SHE GAVE BIRTH THE FIRST TIME AND POOF NOW I HAVE MORE BABIES. IMANGINE THAT.

I HOPE YOUR FRY ARE DOING GOOD. MY 5 WEEK OLD FRY ARE SO BIG NOW. I HAVE A FEW GOING TO A NEW HOME TODAY. (I AM HAPPY AND SAD AT THE SAME TIME. I KNOW THEY WELL BE WELL TAKEN CARE OF (A CO-WORKER IS TAKING THEM).

If you can post some pics. I would love to see your fry.
    take care

9. Angle17

Angle17 New Member

Hi

Congratulations. I don't have any pics on my fry, they are 2 weeks old. Can you tell which is female or male being a couple weeks old.

10. kristisanchez

kristisanchez New Member

I can not tell teh new fry. BUT I can telll my 6 week old fry (the ones who stay still long enough to see. I have one male is is also showing a few colors (he seems to look different every day?).

Please post new news and info. It is great to talk with others about this fun experance.

Have fun watching them grow.

11. Angle17

Angle17 New Member

half of my fry a bigger than the other half, they had black dots on the fins and the others are small.

12. kristisanchez

kristisanchez New Member

ok about the black dots. I have a male fry who has black dots sometimes but not other times -NO I AM NOT CRAZY OTHERS SEE THE SAME THING.

Does anyone know why or what this is about.

13. tina1

tina1 New Member

Hmmm..... some fish add or loose stripes (or markings in general) when they are stressed but I've definitely never heard of this with guppies! I think you've got a special one :lol:

14. kristisanchez

kristisanchez New Member

I am going to take some pictures so you can see. I hope to post some Friday or this weekend. It is weard, but I have had others look at the fish also. We do not think he is stressed. He seems very happy.