1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Funny behaviour has me baffled

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fagan, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Fagan

Fagan New Member

My ringneck has a funny habit and i would appreciate if somebody out there can identify it.
    "She" i think, plays outside of her cage most of the time, she has desroyed a string of bells, and has taken the chain, gathers it between her claws and then bobs like she is bobbing for apples with the bells that she broke off, making a squeaking sound, and it seems to be quite passionate about this bobbing. She will take anything a peg a plastic bottle top anything she can stand on and will go on for 10-15 min doing this, then gets annoyed and flings all the stuff around, chases after it and starts again. Although I love watching her do this, i'm kinda curious what's going through her mind. Any suggestions?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

It sounds like you may have a broody bird.
    It also could be that she is a he and is trying to mate with the bells and things and when does not get a reaction decides enough is enough and throws it hahah

I do not know much about ringnecks so maybe someone with more knowledge can help...

Mike

3. Fagan

Fagan New Member

Ok if she is a broody bird, what do i do now? I'm not keen to get her a mate, and I don't want keep her unhappy. She has been doing this for months it it normal? will she stay broody all the time? Surely although u get different species all birds have the same breeding habits? Help somebody

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

You do not need to get her a male the best and quickest way to get her out of being broody is to limit the amount of light she gets per day, Remove anything she can use as a nest, if giving soft foods like fruit and veg reduce this and she should eventually calm down..

Sorry i could not be of more help

Mike