1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Getting a New Kitten... he's Blind

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by EternalFlame, Aug 17, 2004.

1. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

lmao i hadnt thought of it that way... but he IS a blurr lol :qm4:

Halaroo> he's already teaching me things.. like how to come running soon as he starts crying, how to pick him up so he can sleep in my lap when he starts crying...

oh geez.. who's training who?

i realised tonight tho, even just now as i looked down at this bundle of fluff in my lap here, he's gonna be much more dependant on me then a regular cat... and the trust he's gonna develop is going to be... amazing. i can honestly say, i feel truly, and humbly honored that somebody upstairs chose me to get this kitten.

ever hear the sayin, an owner doesnt choose the cat, the cat chooses the owner.

i've been chosen :m27:

2. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

oh...this is really one of those "heartfelt"stories! :eek: what a lucky little kitty, and what a lucky family you guys are to have him grace your lives. such a gift...all the way around. :kiss_heart:

3. vene

vene New Member

That is so true!

4. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

Now I see about little Raz... :) You're an awesome woman to take him - I'm the same way but with senior cats. I "foster" the old guys for the shelter because it seems such a shame to have them live out the rest of their lives in a cage.
    The stuff you were talking about is Revolution (Pfizer) - it kills fleas and tapeworm and works on some types of dermatophyte, scabies, and best of all EAR MITES! I can't even tell you how many times I've had to drop it on one of the ferals as they ran by. lol. It really is an amazing drug, especially when you're in a situation where you can't get near the animal to do much to them, like clean their ears out. ;)
    Vet care IS expensive here! If you're anywhere near St. Margaret's Bay there is a vet clinic who will often provide low cost services. For example, I just paid exactly $65 to give Simon his needle and neuter, where my own vet quoted me $135. She also removed Angus' eye, biopsied it, sutured his eye, kept him there for a couple of days AND gave me meds for less than $200. That was a blessing as again, my vet quoted a minimum of $500 for the surgery and the biopsy was extra. If you're close by let me know and I'll give you her info. She's been practising for probably 50+ years now and is a really great vet. She's a cat charmer, too. Fraidy was a semi-feral who at my old vet required one of those wire "noose" things they put around their necks to catch strays, and they still couldn't do anything with him. She looked at him for a few minutes and then very slowly drew him out of the carrier. I had him for 7 years before he died of cancer and only ever held him in my arms *once* during the time when he was too ill to fight me. She had him as docile as a little lamb. :)

5. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

karen...nice post...welcome to auspet :wink:

i admire what you do for the older kitties.... :y_the_best:

where is your vet when i need her???? like tonight when i had to give mikey his eye medication. for the life of me...i dont know if i gave him five drops...or zero drops...he was struggling so much. :m3: hes only supposed to get two drops. :(

:qm4:

6. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

Karen> i'm in Dartmouth and car-less :(

i'm familiar with the animal hpspital u are referring to, when i was a vet assistant (working at the queensland animal hosp) i had to call there alot hehe

i wish i had a car tho!! all that for 60 odd bucks? man... i'm gonna be going to the sunny side animal hosp in bedford. all the places i called around within bus distance that was the cheapest... speaking of which i gotta call them now for an apt hehe

Revolution seems great! i had only gotten it coz they told me they wouldnt give me an Advantage seperate. then they told me about Rev. sounded good to me :D

7. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

Thanks! I like it here. :) It's nice to find others that love their furbabies as much as I do!!
    Hehehee....isn't that something? I try to give Tigger his eye drops and after it's all done (he *always* blinks and I think it ends up on his fur and not in his eyes) he spends 45 minutes giving me the hurt look. lol

8. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

9. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

you're in dartmouth too? AWSOME! yes! when Raz is old enough we should deffinately work out some kinda meeting thing to get us over to the other place. --if they are cheap as u say that's awsome.

For Raz's first needles and exam it's gonna be 49- something. not bad i thought. :)

Karen, email me or something chickie, wanna know where in Dart u actually are :)

10. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

That is great to hear...i recently adopted a kitten named domino...(renamed Romeo) and when i got to the shelter the woman there told me there was special circumstances w/him..he had a brother who is a long haired white..with odd eyes..and he is deaf..she wanted to keep them togther and i instantly fell in luv w/ both of them..disciplining him is harder bc i am used to just yelling..but he is worth the extra effort...

good luck w/ your new baby!!