1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Got the Aquarium!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Heather&Nicole, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

I bough the 55 gallon walmart setup last night!! It is so nice and HUGE!! OMG i just sat there on my bed lookin at the tank with my girl and we were stunned at how huge it is. We cant wait to have it all done :)

Next weekend i'm probably gonna get the stand, they didnt have any when i got the tank. Its like 70 bucks but i'd rather get that then use one of those iron stands..they dont seem all that stable to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

very nice i want another one now lol :oops:

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

That's so exciting! Congratulations :eek: And I see you've already got your first two catfish helpers :wink:

4. Heather&Nicole

hehe yeah im sure they'll be a real help. The big grey one was laying on top of the aquarium this morning when i woke up. LOL

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

any ideas on what you are plannig to put in there?

6. Heather&Nicole

well ive been doing a lot of research...this is what we've narrowed it down to (because they work well with each other according to drfostersmith.com and Liveaquaria.com ))

- Albino Kribensis Cichlid
    - Gouramis
    - Pleco
    - Loaches
    - Barbs
    - Maybe rainbowfish
    - scavenger catfish
    - dannio
    -Guppies

I also thought about maybe adding a beta in there.

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

hmmm. if your gonig to keep the cichlids with them, i think they might pick on the guppies, gouramis and danios. cichlids are usaully better with other cichlids and loaches.

8. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Thats really cute, my cat oreo slept in my empty tank on and off until I filled it, it came with alot of foam on the bottom so it must have been comfrotable.

9. Heather&Nicole

The only cichlid i'm getting is the albino one. and it is a peaceful omnivore, not semi-agressive at all. I dont want semi or agressive fish in the tank really.

10. Heather&Nicole

Yeah our cat Mena wanted to get in it but we're not lettin the cats in it :p

I used to have a cat named Oreo, i had to give her up for adoption she was terrorizing the house lol