1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Grumpy New And Crazy

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by shark, Apr 9, 2004.

1. shark

shark New Member

We have a New longhaired Dachshund (miniture)
    a Wired Haired Dachshund (Standard)
    And a Black Lab / Retriever

Black Lab is Grumpy since the new Puppy
    And i do not know what to do

2. klf

klf New Member

how old is your lab?

did you have him before or after the other dox.?
    how long have you had the puppy?

what type of grumpyness is he displaying? domination? sad?

are you giving him the same amount of attention as you did before? his feelings could be hurt.

Like sonya on animal planet says tell your pets verbaly what you are doing and why you added this pup. And that you still love him and because of your love for him and his brother/sister is why you wanted another doggie!

good luck!

3. shark

shark New Member

My black lab (she) is 63 in dog years so about 9 and 1/2
    either she barks really loud when either of the other dogs get near
    or she just moves away from them, i've had this puppy for 3 days

I pay attention to all of them equallythe 2 dachshund are always play fighting
    so she might be jealous i'm not sure

4. shark

shark New Member

My puppy, his father was a show dog and won the award for best dog in Canada and was sold to someone in japan for $15,000
    My puppy was worth $1,000 because he is show quality and a purebred
    The Wired haired must have been dropped on her head as a baby
    because she is (lets just say special)

My black labhas been grumpy for a while anyways

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I would get the lab checked out by a vet for any hidden medical problems.

When a new dog is in the house, you need to make sure you still spend some alone time with the older dogs. Also, play with the dogs together, so they learn that they can share you. Many dogs get grumpy or depressed when they feel their position is being displaced.

Jamiya

6. horses93

horses93 New Member

dogs

hes mad :!: :!: :!: :roll:

7. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

I agree he is definately mad/jealous. When Laika first came home Nana investigated her and then went to a corner and sulked :shock:

I sat her on my lap and offered her a piece of ham (her favorite) and she would not touch it! And we definately were paying both equal attention. The first 2 days she ate very litte, but then she started to behave better, started playing with Laika and since then they havent stopped!

I dont know though, it my be different with ur lab, since you have 3 dogs, and the 2 are playing alot together. im not too sure.

8. shark

shark New Member

i'm gonna say their names for some reason now

My black lab (still a she) her name is Tana,

The wired haired dachshund, her name is Coco,

And the Long haired dachshund, his name is Mickey,

~-~-~

9. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

My husky sometimes gets grumpy b/c she cannot play with the poms as much as she would like. Because of the size difference. Sometimes she plays gently with them but I think she would like a playmate her own size to romp around with. Then there are times when they want to play with her but she wants nothing to do with them at all. She will growl to let them know she is not in the mood.

10. Hello and wellcome to the forum :D

I read somewhere that's a good idea to give the first dog you had everything first. Such as attention, feeding, playing and walking. This way they won't feel as though thier home and people are being taken away from them. I did this when I got my second dog, and with the exception of a little jelousy in the beginning, they are fine now....best of friends!

I also have a mini dachsy....Love of my life!

Good luck to you! Susan

11. Jules

Jules New Member

I went through the same thing a couple of months ago. My older dog HATED it when we brought a new puppy home, he sulked for ages. He is still kinda jealous, but I know he likes her and they play together too. Just make sure your other dog gets lots of love and attention. It can be hard trying to bond with a new pup while the other is getting jealous all the time! Hey 3dogsihave, my older dog always is grumpy and growly at Leela- because she ALWAYS is in the mood to play. She worships the ground he walks on and copies him, which is great because toilet training was a breeze, my Bendy did it for me!
    I think he pretends he doesn't like her when I'm around, or more like it he gets grumpy at her for stealing attention. But sometimes they'll be lying near each other out in the sun, and then I'll come out and Bender will see me, then he'll look at Leela and do this growly groany noise and get up like he's really peeved that she's there. Man they are funny sometimes. He is so gentle with her though... I would love to know what he's thinking. Don't you just wish sometimes you could talk to your dogs and tell them everythings ok!!?
    In conclusion- I think it's just a matter of time before all settles down again and hopefully they'll get along and make friends. Good luck.

12. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

Sounds like my pups. I know that Nana loves Laika but sometimes when I watch them she will pretend she doesnt like her and will jump on the bed and ignore Laika. I have caught Laika and Nana sound asleep together, but if I am watching and Laika moves to sleep next to Nana, Nana will look real annoyed and move. Lol, they are too funny