1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Haley's biopsy results are back

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by goob, Feb 6, 2005.

1. goob

goob New Member

There's good news, but a question mark as well. The biopsy came out clear. BUT the lab (I guess) said the vet may want to take a deeper sample and try again to be sure. The vet wanted to take as small a sample as possible considering that Hale bears so much weight on that leg, but I guess they prefer a larger, deeper sample to test. The vet (who I've known since I was about 8 yrs old, and know to be a decent vet) says she wants to put Hale on anti-inflammatories (we've also considered that it may-hopefully- only be an injury, in which case these should help), and wait a few weeks after she gets her stitches out from this biopsy, then x-ray again and see if the area is decreasing in size. If not, we may have to have another biopsy taken. I'm worried that if it is cancer, this time of waiting will only give it time to spread (though if it is, it'd only be a matter of time anyway, so I guess it's not that big of a deal), but my mom says the vet seems to doubt that it is now, so hopefully she's right. So, we have good news, and more waiting, I'll be gray haired and ulcer ridden by the time we get to the bottom of this.

Haley, BTW, is feeling much better. She's on pain meds (I think it's a pretty low dose) because her leg seemed to be bothering her a lot the first night, but even since, she's become more mobile, though not up to her normal speed yet. I've had to yell at her about a dozen times in the past 2 days for tackling Goo, always a good sign :lol

2. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

aww poor haley i hope everything comes back clear on the second test. good luck trying to keep her still :lol:

3. Angie

Angie New Member

Good luck with Haley. I know everything will be ok. Give her lots of hugs for me!

4. Piper's Mom

Piper's Mom New Member

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: great news for haley, hoping everything works out for and she is feeling better