1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Have I just been lucky so far ?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by maxim9691, Aug 18, 2009.

1. maxim9691

maxim9691 New Member

Ok, I've had a variety of fish for the last 15 years.
    Currently I have two small Oscars, I've had Oscars in the past and I'm returning to them because its been awhile.
    Past fish include African Cichlids(various types), Loaches, Red Tailed Sharks, Water Turtles, Frogs ETC.
    You get the idea, I've had a wide variety of fish.
    Now here is my question - I never keep track of HP balance/ Amonia levels.
    Basically I change the water on occasion and keep an eye open for anything that looks out of the ordinary.
    I do add ike guard when doing a water change, which is one of the few extras that I do.

Other people seem to be going through so many steps and checking every little detail on a daily basis and still having problems.

Have I just been lucky so far ?
    How are my fish able to thrive with out these needed steps ?