1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

He Is Being Naughty

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Chezza, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Usually my laid back placid boy Jay is very calm and collective, but as of being kept inside and not allowed out side ( tiff has settled in well to indoor life again) Anyway He has become a monster to Tiffiny..He jumps her and attacks her quite often, not to play but to be a bully :(
    He stalks her while she sleeps and then pounces, doing his kangaroo kicks and everything :shock:
    I tell him off, but when there alone somewhere in the house you can hear them fighting, its Tiffiny thats doing all the screaming.. :?
    He is being a naughty boy to her..

Any suggestions???

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

That's what Harley does to Patches....As a matter of fact he was just doing it a minute ago.... Patches was sleeping in the sunbeam and Harley came up stalking her and wham!!! :cry: Her screaming as she runs off and he chases her.
    Sometimes me yelling at him works it startles him, sometimes I can chase him down with the squirt bottle, sometimes a weird loud "pist!" works. It is sad to watch and hear him attack her I feel bad!!! He outweighs her she's old now. I almost want to get another young kitten for Harley to play with hoping he would leave her alone......
    I think that with time he will settle down and get used to being inside. No real answer for you except keep being referee.

Both Jay and Harley are very naughty boys!!! I feel for them and you

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Chezza. It's prety tough to get a cat that was indoor/outdoor use to being indoor only. You can try the Comfort Zone with Feliway Plug-Ins. They do work to get cats to calm down quite a bit.

4. Chezza

Chezza New Member

I have had to separate him from her, he will not leave her alone :cry:
    She is playing and happy when he is not around, but when he is around she hides and goes like into a shell. :(
    He has turned into a monster
    :(

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Poor Tiff!!! Harley is bad but not like that. You may need to talk to the vet and see if they have any suggestions. Have you tried the feliway? it may help
    Naughty Jay!!

6. vene

vene New Member

Sounds like Jay has cabin fever and is taking it out on Tiff. Besides the Feliway, is it possible to build an outdoor enclosure or train Jay on a leash?

7. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I would have to agree.... outdoor enclosure is a great idea!!!!

8. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Funny you mentioned that, I was just looking at one today..
    I am going to try purchase one...
    :D
    I was talking to the vet when I got his stitches and told him what Jay was doing and yea, he said he is taking his frustrations out on her..
    Her being smaller he said keep them separated until he calms down a bit..
    I used to take him out on a harness so maybe I'll do that with him.. Until the enclosure is built..

9. Bente

Bente New Member

What a terrible situation :? I hope you find a good permanent solution soon. Good luck with the outdoor enclosure :D

10. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Poor Tiff, she probably has no idea what's going on.

And poor Jay too, I'm sure he's very frustrated and confused. I think the harness (for now) and enclosure (later on) will help a lot.

11. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Yea me too, I hope he settles..She is very scared of him know because he has never been so aggressive with her, they were the best of mates, as you can see in my avatar..

12. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Good luck Chezza and that's too bad about Jay getting into her, I'm sure that once he is calmer they will get back to where they were before.... He wants to control something because he can no longer go outside when he wants but he can attack her when he wants.....
    (((((hugs)))) Hang in there and let us know of the progress....

13. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Thanks.. :) :)

14. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Chezza how is Jay and Tiff doing? Have you figured out any outdoor enclosure or tried anything else??? I bet Tiff is soo confused that poor thing.....
    (((((hugs to you))))))

15. Chezza

Chezza New Member

He has settled a bit better.. I cant get the enclosure just yet until the shed is finalized, so we know where to position it, because I'd like to get a run too, with separating them he seems to appreciate her when he is allowed near her :eek:
    So fingers crossed.. :y_the_best:

16. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well I guess it is right what they absence makes the heart grow fonder..... guess it crosses all boundary's. :eek: Glad to hear that things are better between them.. Bet that is a load off your shoulders too....

17. Chezza

Chezza New Member

It is, cause she was getting scared, and she is no where near as big as him.. :(
    She is not a fighter, she will run, thats why jay prolly got in trouble with that abscess, cause he wont back down to a cat. Naughty boy.. :D
    He is still wandering the house meowing, I know he is meowing for out side but I'm not giving in..
    :wink:

18. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

good for you don't give in he'll get used to being inside. And the enclosure will help when you are able to do one. :eek:

19. eman

eman New Member

when my cats were not allowed to go outside last year i found out that the best way to stop the meowing is by playing with them alot. i used to play with them for an hour a day. they would run around and chase strings or a laser pointer. they would get so tired and sleep the rest of the time and forget obout outside. after a while, max started meowing everyday when he wanted to play :) and he stoped darting at the door everytime it was opened. another reason why max meowed at the door was because he liked eating grass every morning. so i had to grow some grass indoors. that also helped.
    i wish you and Jay the best..

eman

20. Bente

Bente New Member

It's good to hear Jay is behaving better, I bet both him, you and Tiff is alot happier :) Funny thing though, here we have the opposite situation: I've just started letting Kyrre outside :mrgreen: