1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Health Gaurantee Question

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PooGirl13, Apr 10, 2004.

1. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Another thread gave me the idea to ask this question:

What were you given as a gaurantee when you bought your puppy?

I ask because I will be choosing a breeder very soon (going to visit one more tomorrow!!) and I want to be sure that the health gaurantee includes what it should.

I'm going to do a search on the internet also, but I'd love to hear what your gaurantee was like.

2. Rene

Rene New Member

When i got Sebastain he had his frist set of shots and wormming done and i got a health gaurantee of 72 hours so the day after i bought him i took him to the vet for his phyical and his second set of shots and everything else they do.

When i bought Jasmine she was barley 6 weeks old and had no shots nothing and i got a health gaurantee of 24 hours of course the DAY i got her i took her to get her shots and everything

Rene

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

When we bought Rocky he had a one year guarentee that said he was guarenteed against congenital disease ( ie. kidney, liver, pancreas,spine problems,etc) that affect the quality of his life.

They also have a guarentee that if the dog dies within one year, the we would have to pay to have him autopsied to find out the cause of death. If the cause was congenital then they would replace the puppy free of charge.

In our agreement it also stated that we had to get Rocky neutered.

His breeder also has a clause saying that if for any reason the owner is no longer able to take care of the dog or if it is being mistreated the breeder has the right to retain ownership of the dog.

When we brought Rocky home he already had his first set of shots and we had to set up an appointment with the vet to have him in within 72 hours of bringing him home.

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

In my puppy agreements for my ACD's it states that the puppies are guarenteed for a year for any genetic health defect. It also states that the puppy must be seen by a vet with in 48 hrs of receiving the puppy or the guarenteee goes void. Also I state that my dogs must be spayed and neuter by the age of 6 months or their registration papers can be revoked. Also, if I suspect foul play, or that my dogs are being used for any illegal uses, or abused (neglected ) I can and will pick them up with no refund what so ever.

Also if for some reason they can't keep their puppy, I will ALWAYS take it back.
    If with in 3 months they can't keep it I'll refund 50% of their money.

On my Rescues:
    Same applies except for the genetic issue. I can't prove genetics since they are rescues, but most illnesses are noted. They have to be spayed or neutered, and they get a card that has a BIG discount for the spaying, but it has to be used before a certain time.

5. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

sample

[​IMG]

6. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

sorry so big

I will remove as soon as you get a look at it!

7. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Thank you!!! This information is REALLY helpful, you have no idea. I've never purchased a puppy before so I am doing my best to get as educated on the process as I can :)

My goodness Deb, thank you!!! That's so cool that I can actually see what one looks like! :eek:

You guys are the BEST :D

8. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Give me one more second.. haven't finished it yet.. :)

9. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Deb put a sample one on ,I do one with a year genetic guarentee and take back for life ...different breeders use different methods but if they don't have a contract or give a 24 /48/72 hour guarentee ...don't go there .