1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hello! I'm New & I have a question about hardwood floori

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by IHeartShihPoo, Nov 15, 2004.

1. IHeartShihPoo

IHeartShihPoo New Member

Hi everyone! I'm somewhat new here...I think I posted a question on this forum before but forgot what I signed up as :roll: Anyway, I'm very excited because I might be getting either a shih tzu or shihpoo for Christmas, and I would be able to take care of it during my winter break. I'm just 16 :lol: Well, I just have one concern, and I'd like to get everyone's opinions. My house is mainly all hardwood flooring, except the downstairs part and all the stairs. My dad, being a neatfreak, is worried that the dog will scratch up the wood in time. Of course, that's one of the reasons why I chose a small dog...because a heavier dog would probably cause more damage to the wood. Do any of you with hardwood flooring have small dogs? And do they really scratch it up with their nails, even if you trim it often? I was thinking of getting the puppy booties maybe, and have her start wearing it as soon as possible so she would get used to it, but it's not certain she'll keep it on :?

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:eek: WELCOME :eek:

I have hardwood flooring in my living room, dining room, family room, on the stairs and upstairs on the balcony. The only place I've notice scratches is at the top of the stairs. I guess its from Rocky running out of my room and down the stairs to go out in the morning ( honestly it sounds like a small earthquake!), but other than that there are not other scratches and the scratches at the top of the stairs aren't that noticable.

Instead of getting puppy booties you could try this product:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...<>ast_id=2534374302023689&bmUID=1100128662856

It's available at Petsmart. I think it would probably be more comfortable than wearing the booties all the time.

3. IHeartShihPoo

IHeartShihPoo New Member

Oy thanks Aqueous for the welcome & advice :D:D:D ,...that gives me reassurance :D My stairs are carpet, but I'm sure I could put something on the very top stair, which is wood. Thanks for the link as well. I think I've seen those around somewhere, but they look like a pain to get on, especially if you have a fussy dog. I might try them though! Thanks again!

4. casper

casper New Member

I have, at times, three dogs in my house. Haven't noticed more wear and tear than normal usage (but then again, I don't really scrutinize my floors). If you're really concerned, I would suggest you just trim their nails really often.