1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

HELP HELP HLEP HLEP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, Jul 15, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

ok heres the problem... my filter broke yesterday and i left the filter off over night and when i woke up today i noticed my male convict had absoulatly noo tail fin and he has a white fuzz from his dorsal fin down and my jaguar has no scales from the dorsal fin down but his tail fin is fine... what is going on and how can i treat this?!?!?!?!
    HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP PLEASEEEEEEEE

2. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Wow, that sounds realy realy strange.

What are your water readings? Can u post any pics so we can get a bit more detailed idea?

3. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

Wow thats really odd...All that happened overnight? How long has your tank been set up?
    It might be a funal infection if it looks cottony, or Ich if they are little white pimple-like dots all over the body. Another reason I think its bacterial is that you might have fin rot in there as well.

4. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

It sounds like either your Green Terror or Texas Cichlid is trying to grab an extra snack. Also, there is not much doubt that there is a lot of debris in your gravel and your nitrates are high. Separate the Jaguar and Convict if you can and treat with Maracyn 2. Also you need to do a major water change and gravel cleaning on the tank they are in now.