1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!!! is he big enough?

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by horseluva, Aug 25, 2004.

1. horseluva

horseluva New Member

hey all, i have been riding for about 5 years and am finally getting close to being financially able to afford a horse. i am going to lease first, i am going to look at a horse on friday, and he is 15.2 hh...

i am 5'7 and athletic build...is "Jeter" going to be big enough for me? i really hope so, cause other than that everything is perfect, as far as where i will keep him and how much its gonna cost me...i'd apprectiate some advice! THANKS!

Kelly

2. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Yup, he'll be fine. I'm 5'9" and i have a horse that is 15.2 We don't overpower eachother, but we do compliment eachother.

3. horseluva

horseluva New Member

weight?

what about weight wise, im 5'7'' and. i weigh about 180lbs is a 15.2hh Appendix big enough for me?

4. horse_child

horse_child New Member

What breed is he? and how much does he weight? HOw about his age?

5. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

Weight wise is not a problem. He may be a little small for you but not enough to make a difference if everything else is good. It is more about how you and Jeter work together than anything else.

6. horse_child

horse_child New Member

True, his weight doens't matter much. I just was curious how big he was, so i could get a better picture of what he looks like. But if he is a QH then your fine, no problem, they can pull a calf around. it also depends on if your ready for him. if he is a 3 year old arabian stallion you might have your hands full. but if you work well with him that's really all that matters.

7. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Sounds like a great match! The rule of thumb is that your SHoulders should be at their withers or the withers higher than your shoulders.

8. Sway_13

Sway_13 New Member

Me and Kelsey

Hi

My dad owns a horse (currently Kelsey-thee horse is staying at my uncles) but I might be getting her... the only problem is that I'm not sure if she's the right height for me. I'm 5'9" (175 cm), Kelsey is an Appaloosa and she's 15h tall. I've riden her for the first time together and after like 30 min. we were great together. So, what should I do?

9. Sway_13

Sway_13 New Member

ups... couple spelling mistakes.... please forgive me, I am REALLY tired...