1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help please need goldfish advice

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by janet_9462, Jun 22, 2006.

1. janet_9462

janet_9462 New Member

we just started a pond. we were given 3 year old goldfish, and we see them spawning and see milt floating everyday but we cant find eggs ...where would she lay them we have no underwater plants only a waterliliy in a pot but nothing there that we can see..we would like to find eggs so we can remove them and try to hatch and raise them, anyone know what i should be looking for?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

My goldfish are always breeding in my pond, but I've never actually seen the eggs. I do occasionally see really little fry (look like threads with eyeballs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first 2 years, I just left them alone and I only had 1 survive each year (rest most likely got eaten). But the last time I saw them I removed several and started growing them out in a tank. Then about a month later, I saw a bunch more fry so I removed them as well. Now I have about 30 baby goldfish.

So you may not see eggs, but if you look closely, you might find some fry (especially along the edges of the pond).

-Chelle