1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help plzzzzzz HELP help!!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by eman, Jun 23, 2006.

1. eman

eman New Member

hi all..
    i am in Saudi Arabia for a visit right now. 30 mins ago, i was walking outside and found a little kitten so so tiny all by itself meowing and i couldnt find the mother. so i took it home..looks like a boy..but not sure.
    it has all the tiny front teeth and the canine ones. i dont know how old it is..but it is really small.
    i asked here and i cant fine a vet anywhere. i gave the kitten some milk and it drank it really fast. it is really skinny..all bones.
    i want to know what to feed it. and how often?

the kitten is sleeping right now..
    it has black dots in its ear...what do i do about that??
    also do u think at this age it would know how to use the litterl??

thanks

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

KMR is kitten milk replacement and that is ideal for a kitten that young. You don't want to give any cow's milk.
    If you can't get KMR canned milk (what the heck is it called)....condensed milk not sweetened condensed milk but plain old condensed milk will do in a pinch BUT NOT COW'S MILK
    if it's a scab on the kitten's ear you can keep it clean or even try to remove it so it doesn't abcess.
    Check his ears for mites too.
    Wet food (kitten food if available) is good too if he can eat it. If you don't see him peeing/pooping you'll have to help him by rubbing the elimination area with a dampened washcloth

3. eman

eman New Member

thanks for replying..
    i will try to look for KMR, where would i find it? would a pharmacy have it??

what does condensed milk mean..sorry i have never heard of it before..

is it milk powder?

thanks

4. eman

eman New Member

condensed milk is cow milk ..right??

5. eman

eman New Member

he might have ear mites..lots of black dots in his ear. what do i do about that?? would they go away by themselves if i keep it clean?

6. eman

eman New Member

how much condensed milk do i give? what is the powder/water ratio?

thanks

sorry for asking too much...i really dont want the kitten to die :cry:

7. vene

vene New Member

http://www.kittencare.com/askKC_Feeding_Kittens.html

8. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

ear mites probably won't go away on their own. But you might simply be seeing dirt. You can take a cottonball, or gauze pad, and wipe out the ears being careful not to go too far down.
    If the kitten is shaking its head or scratching at its ears a lot it's probalby mites.

9. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

Odds are, it is mites.. and you will need special drops from the vet to kill them.

Sounds like the kitten -might- be old enough for a Revolution pill which is beautiful and kills almost everything from fleas to some types of worms. May wish to consider that, or at least a regular de-worming pill.

How kind of you to take this little fella in. *hugs* Good luck with him.

10. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Mary - for condensed milk do you mean evaporated milk?

Here is a link I found. Maybe this will help.

http://www.lvvhumane.org/orphans.html

You could do a goodle search or feeding orphaned kittens and maybe you can find some more information that way.

Let us know how things go. Best of luck.

11. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I do mean evaporate milk....these darned middle-aged moments

12. eman

eman New Member

thank you all for replying..
    i got some condensed milk and gave the kitten. it didnt go very well. he kept throwing up and had very watery poop. i almost gave up on him. then i went outside again to see if i can find his mother and i was surprised to find another kitten. he was the same size as the first one but a little fatter. he was trying to eat a piece of chicken. so i brought him with me cuz i didnt want to leave him there. there were lots of cars going by and he was standing very close to the street.
    after going home, i got some chicken and gave it to the first kitten that i found and he started eating it. he does take a long time to cut it with his tiny teeth but he is able to eat it.
    they look like they might be brothers. they would lick each other and sleep togather.
    i cant keep the kittens cuz i am here for a visit only, but my aunt has a big backyard and she agreed to keep them.
    the black stuff in the kitten's ears is not ear mites. i cleaned most of it and it doesnt seem to bother him. he is not shaking his head or anything.
    i cant give them any dewarming pills cuz i cant find any vet in Jeddah. and i dont know where else to get it from.

eman salman