1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help puppy had Distemper! could my dog have caught it?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by ChronicBlue, Nov 13, 2005.

1. ChronicBlue

ChronicBlue New Member

Hi,
    Last week on friday, A good friend of mines mother bought a puppy. A havanese. She brought it down to meet our dog loki, and to show my mother. Loki is currenty 1.8 years old. Hes up to date on all shots. got his most recent set in august. We didn't know at the time, but that puppy had distempr. It doed 2 days ago.
    My question is what are the odd's that loki could have picked it up?
    we called the vet this morning and he said to watch him. Is ther any precaution we can take to be safe? what are the signs if he does have it?
    is there anything i should be doing?

any advice would be much appreciated. thanks in advance

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi if he is up to date on his shots then it is very unlikely that he will catch it but to put your mind at ease ask your vet to do blood tests to check for it.

When was his last shot.

Like i say i do not think he will contract the disease since all shots upto date.

Mike

3. ChronicBlue

ChronicBlue New Member

thank you very much for your reply.

As I thought Loki is fine. My mother whom he stays with most of the time is such a worry wort, I had to find numerous bits of info to ease her worries. Once i showed her your reply her worries subsided and all i good.
    However were still trying to talk my friends mother into going to the pet store she bought the dog from, for a refund.at the time she told me of the puppy she was going to buy she made ti sound like it was from a breeder....... turns out the 'pet store' bought him from a breeder. we all know how that works. I can't understand how there is no laws prohbiting the sale of dogs through pet stores. Not once have I seen a pet store with anything less than deplorable conditions for the dogs, or cats even for that matter.

thanks again and have a good day