1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help...should I buy????

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by MyHorseRio23, Aug 9, 2004.

1. MyHorseRio23

MyHorseRio23 New Member

I'm looking for a horse that I can do all around riding with and I came across this 6year Paint Overo Gelding that is for sale. He's absolutely stunning, but the problem is that he was just gelded last October. He seems pretty mellow and good natured when I went out to look at him, but could that be because he is in his normal surroundings. (He was pretty loving and gentleman-ly towards his owners, but He's been at this ranch since he was born. He only has had 10 rides on him...the last time being three years ago because they were using him for breeding. I couldn't ride him when I went to see him because I was recently thrown from a youngster and I have a severly bruised pelvis. I asked the owners to saddle him, and he saddled pretty well. They didn't tie him in his stall so he kind of took a few steps this way and that, but he didn't get upset by it. They also put a bridle on him and lunged him around for a few minutes. He bucked and kicked a few times, but nothing I would expect out of the ordinary. If I buy him I plan on bringing him to a large stable where there are many riders and horses. Do you think he could be a problem because he was a stallion...or do you think he will be okay since it's been almost a year since he was gelded and he has a seamingly calm temperment? My heart says, "Yes, buy him!!!", but I don't want to endanger him, myself, or any riders or horses at the new stable....any advice????

2. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I definately wouldn't buy him until you can get a chance to ride him. Maybe his owners would let you bring him to your stable for a trial period to see how he acts there and let you get a chance to ride him.

3. MyHorseRio23

MyHorseRio23 New Member

:wink: Thank you for the advice. I will definately ask the current owners if they would be willing to do that. I know I definately don't want to give up on such a promising prospect!!!

4. MyHorseRio23

MyHorseRio23 New Member

:wink: Thank you for the advice. I will definately ask the current owners if they would be willing to do that. I know I definately don't want to give up on such a promising prospect!!!

5. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Hmmm... Are you a pretty good rider? Do you have people who could help you if you needed it? Ask the owners to ride it first, if they hesitate, walk away. Watch how they act around him. Are they nervous? Good luck!!!