1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help, Skunk attack! Stinky puppy

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by gwen13, Sep 17, 2004.

1. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Hi everyone! I usually post over there at the toy dogs forum because of my chi and soon to be maltese, but now this concerns my Siberian Husky.
    She got sprayed by a skunk this morning!! :( And now once, but twice! There are 2 big stains on her in separate places marking where she got sprayed, and needless to say the smell is just nauseating!
    We have some gardeners coming over to do yard work in a few hours so I can't just leave her outside, so I need to get the skunk smell off ASAP! And there's absolutely no putting her in the car either so taking her to a groomer is out of the question.
    Please help! :oops:

2. luna

luna New Member

try tomato juice and if that dosen't work there are things that your vet can give you to take the smell away.

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Mix one pint of 3% hydrogen peroxide, 2/3 cup of baking soda, and one teaspoon of liquid soap or citrus-based dog shampoo with one gallon of water. Use right away. Sponge mixture onto dog. Leave on for about 5 minutes, rinse, repeat if necessary.

If your dog has a dark coat, this could lighten it somewhat.

Also you can use a vinegar douche. (Massengil)

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

5. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Thanks everyone!! I don't know why I didn't think of these things myself, I guess I just panicked :oops: Sorry if I made an unnecessary thread. I mixed a cup of dishwashing soap, a cup of vinegar and a cup of peroxide with 2 cups of her regular shampoo and stirred in a big bowl. I left it on her for about 10 minutes and had to do it twice, poor dog thinks I'm the bad guy now. She just hates getting baths, but maybe someday she'll learn to leave the skunk alone :roll:
    Here's the litttle genius herself,
    [​IMG]

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

she is very pretty!! Is it skunk season or something?? just kidding.

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Did it work? Nala still smells mildly skunky, but not bad.

8. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

It's actually gone! :eek:
    I wasn't sure if the smell went away or I just got used to it so I couldn't smell it anymore. But upon close sniffing inspection, it's all gone, thankfully. Now she smells like her orange & tropical scented shampoo instead, oh well, at least it's much improved.

9. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

what does skunk stink actually smell like?? any comparisons?

10. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Kyles it is hard to descibe it other than NASTY!!!

Gwen what a cutie! I am rather fond of huskies and own one myself. Maybe one day I will get the little queens pic on here!