1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

help with my avitar....

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I want to use my photo as my avitar...How do I do that? Everytime I scale it down, it still rejects it..... :cry:

2. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

My avitar is scalled down to 100 X 130 pixels. How small have you scaled your photo down? Get it down to no more than 100 pixels wide and that should work.

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

is it 100, I thought it was lower, like 80.

4. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

lil96,
    Thi one I currently have posted of the boys in the back seat with Freckles sticking out his tongue measures 100X130. I do have some that I use that I scaled down to a maximum 80 pixels wide.

5. Samsintentions

Ok. I tried that and its still rejecting it. So I went in and did one like MaryNH and its not letting me do that either. Just a box with a red X in it....

6. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Sam,
    Where do you have the photo posted on-line. Post the link in a message or try posting the photo in the body of a message and look at the preview to see if it shows.

7. Samsintentions

[​IMG]

Ok. that works...now when i convert it to my avitar, there's still the red x!! grr......

8. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Sam,
    Here is the resized photothat should work for your avitar.. Right click on the photo and select "Save Image As" tosave it on your computer then upload it again to your web host site.
    [​IMG]
    See if that works

9. Samsintentions

hmmm....still didn't work...

10. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Ok Lets try this experiment. Here is the link where I uploaded your photo:
    http://home.flash.net/~jdebess/Photos/sam.jpg
    Copy this link then go to your Auspet Profile page and enter the above link into the avitar box. Lets see if that works.

11. Samsintentions

It worked!!! Thank you soooo very much!

12. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Sam,
    Getting there OK but is the link you used the one on my web site or your photo site?

13. lil96

lil96 New Member

whit wheee (that is me whistling) I love that picture of you!! don'T worry I am not hitting on you, Ijust think it is a really good pic!

14. Samsintentions

thanks...lol :oops:

Dukes Dad...the one you provided. I tried to do it on tinypic and it wouldn't let me. Then I tried it on the auspets host and it still wouldn't let me....hmmm

did you not want me to use the oneyou gave me?

15. Sara

Sara New Member

Hmmm.... I been trying to put my pic on there too but I can't (not MY pic but of my dog...LOL) it's just too big...I can't resize it at work...

16. Samsintentions

well.. i decided to put mine on there (not to be selfish or anything) but I get sooo many requests of "how old are you" what do you look like"...that thing. Now everyon knows Me!!!

17. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Sara,
    Send me the pic in an email to
    jdebessonet@eng.hctx.net and I will re-size it for you and send it right back. It only takes me about 10 seconds to do so.

18. Sara

Sara New Member

It's tempting but I don't have any good pics of me online...or I would too...LOL...

19. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Sam,
    No problem keeping the one that works linked to my web site.
    A good site that you might try is called Photobucket at:
    http://www.photobucket.com
    It's another free site where you can upload and share photos.

20. Sara

Sara New Member

I want to use this one...but I dont' think you can save it from "shutterfly" without my info...can you save it from this???

[​IMG]