1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Herbal flea and tick products

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Jamiya, Apr 6, 2004.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

OMG :| this did not work

I normally can sit outside and not have a problem unlike my husband and Jake who get swarmed. Well last night I sprayed myself and Jake. I was literally swarmed with mosquitos and poor Jake he looked like that peanuts character pigpen that has the cloud of dust around him - except they were mosquitos. But as soon as they landed they didnt like the smell so they were not biting but boy did it attract them! so This is not for me. But i will use it to sprayt he patio to heopfully draw the mosquitos away from us.

Jimiya, mine didnt have a strong odor either until I put the tee tree oil in. I am wondering if that is what attracted them.

Honeybear

2. Alabamamom1

Alabamamom1 New Member

:-# I'm not sure why no one else's had a good, strong smell. The rosemary that I have, if you touch it the whole area around it has the strongest smell. Yesterday there was a strange dog in our yard, Romeo chased him and he ran into the rosemary and I got a big whiff of it. So, that's what mine smelled like, strong rosemary w/ a lemon twist. I sprayed the beds, the carpets, everything w/ it and it had the whole house smelling fresh, it worked for the fleas too, (my memory is coming back) but not for long. I am not sure about mosquitoes though. Just thought I'd share.

Oh..I didn't add the tea tree oil, if I had thought of it I probably would've, but did not have a problem w/ a drying effect to my dog's hair.

3. I just love the smell of fresh rosemary and lemon! what a great idea! I will be doing that also...

Thanks! Susan

And as for the skin, When I bathe Freebie and Casey, I soaked thier coats with baby oil for a couple of hours before bathing. It seems to really help... I just let them run around outside for those two hours, and it doesn't matter if they get even more dirty, because they are getting a bath anyway....

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Maybe I did something wrong in the preparation? I sliced the lemon really thin, put a sprig of rosemary in it, and then poured almost boiling water over it. I covered the bowl and left it overnight, and in the morning I filtered it into a spray bottle. Is this right?

Honeybear, maybe you should try Mike's garlic spray instad.

Jamiya

5. SadiesMoM (JRsMom)

SadiesMoM (JRsMom) New Member

That's how I did it but I also added fresh aloe pulp and tea tree oil ...

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Should it have been in the refrigerator overnight while it was soaking?

Jamiya