1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

hi

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by heaven, Sep 12, 2005.

1. heaven

heaven New Member

i've posted about this awhile ago but i'm just curious if anybody has any other advice

sandy is going to be 2 years old in oct.
    she throws up alot, she can eat her food at 8 am and throw up undigested food at 5 pm
    she can go weeks without throwing up at all and she can throw up everyday for a week
    she never acts sick after throwing up, is her usual self afterwards

we don't let her run around after eating and for her evening meal we make sure over an hour has passed of her resting before we feed her

we've taken her to the vet for her yearly checkup and thought it might be worms but after checking her stool found her worm free

we're going to bring her back for bloodwork and what ever other tests he suggests next week

does anyone have any clue what this could be with her? could this just be the way she is? everything i read says it's not normal to throw up that much yet she's fine, very active and not loosing weight

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

I think you should have some tests done through your vet, at least some blood work to make sure everything is working okay. The usual process from eating to eliminating at the other end generally takes no more than about 10-12 hours so if your dog is eating at 8am and vomiting up fully undigested food at 5pm then something isnt right, it may even be something to do with the particular food your giving her although I would think it would happen more regularly then. If its been going on for a while and everything else appears normal, she's otherwise healthy then thats a good sign.
    Its not unusual for a particular dog to vomit occasionally, theres usually a cause for it, some dogs that are nery nervous/anxious, maybe got into something they shouldnt, excitement but even then if its over about 3 hours it should already be well into the process of being digested.

Heres a couple of websites that may help you get a clearer idea of exactly how the digestive system works.

http://www.cah.com/dr_library/digestdistdogs.html

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/carn_h ... rison.html