1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

hoe many plants should a 10g have?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by needlefish, Jun 28, 2004.

1. needlefish

needlefish New Member

how many plants should a 10g have? my 10g has 4 fake plants in the gravel and 1 live potted plant. i also have a 14" plant floating at the top just for hiding. i also have 1 log and 1 cave. the fish in the tank would be 2 high fin platies, 1 2" bala shark, 1 2" oplaine gourami, 1 6" crayfish(very peaceful), and 1 2" black tailed shark. i know my tank is over stock but my filter is best off for 30g tanks anyway. does my tank have enough plants and decorations?

Thanks,

Dillon Aurichio

2. Obelix

Obelix New Member

LOL Yeah your tank sounds great, personally i have a few short and bushy fake plants and then a few that go all the way from top to bottom which my fish like, I also put a plant in that hides but doesnt block the intake tube for my filter. Good Luck!

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

plants can be hard to take care of though. i would go with hornwort. they are hardy and the only one i have managed to keep alive. lol.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Even with your tank being over-filtered, you really need to get rid of fish. At their full sizes, all those fish physically will not fit in that tank, let alone be able to move around. The only fish that is actually suitable for a 10 gallon are your 2 platties. The bala needs around 150 gallons (partly because they need to be in groups), your opaline gourami needs at least 20 gallons, I'm not sure about the crayfish, and if your black tailed shark is actually a red tailed black shark, it needs at least 20 gallons.

I think plants and decorations are the least of your worries right now.

-Chelle